xix.

STYLE ── nineteen

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮"— little freak, harry styles

— little freak, harry styles

People said that heartbreak was the worst kind of hangover. Well, actually, no one said that besides Carlos Sainz. But to hell what others think when he could confirm that based on experience. And it all started the day that Juliette Edwards left his apartment and took with herself a piece of his heart.

He could barely do anything after that, always remembering the things that were left unsaid and things that maybe he shouldn't have said. But truth was maybe they had to go through this to realize that it wouldn't work— not as long as she kept having those attitudes, at least.

Carlos really liked her. Fuck it, maybe he loved her. But as much as Juliette was able to overflow his heart with joy and fireworks she could break it into tiny little pieces just as easily.

Now it was up to him get the pieces back together but it seemed always impossible when all his will to live was suddenly gone. He didn't mean it like his will to go back to work was gone and all he wanted to do was drink his ass off. It'd be better for him if he did, but Carlos couldn't even bring himself to do that.

He didn't feel like getting up, working out, watching TV, clubbing or even going to the mini bar downstairs. He ignored his friends' incessant phone calls and uninstalled Instagram so he couldn't see whatever Juliette posted to avoid getting unwanted news about his ex girlfriend's date only a couple of days after their breakup.

But truth was, no matter how much Carlos tried to avoid it, he couldn't forget Juliette and Charles' date that day for the life of his. It was all he could think about from the moment he opened his eyes to his way to breakfast to going for a run to closing his eyes for a nap that afternoon.

When the thoughts of them laughing and Charles touching her hand and getting closer to kiss her after the cameras are off invaded his mind a little too much till he felt like throwing up, Carlos finally got up and gave up on falling asleep. Instead, he decided to go downstairs and get a couple of drinks like he did when feeling depressed— for only two reasons apparently: racing and Juliette.

By then, his best friend would be on a date with his ex girlfriend after a not so mindless suggestion after he heard about their breakup. But the worst part was that he couldn't even blame Charles, since it was up to Juliette to say that they had gotten back together.

At the end of the day, as much as Carlos tried to convince himself, maybe it was for the best that they'd gone different ways since it was pretty clear that he liked her a hell lot more than she did about him. While he was edge to open his world and his heart to her, Juliette would only reveal little pieces of herself. And while she was the world to him, she'd put her work over him at any chance.