xxx.

STYLE ── thirty

"𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭, 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞"— falling like the stars, james arthur

— falling like the stars, james arthur

The transition that happened after the end of the season was usually harsh on the drivers. Some of them were still living on the past and mopping their previous mistakes that year, while others were already looking forward to going back inside the car and would do anything so the next year would arrive as fast as possible.

Carlos was usually a mess in between. Truth was racing was his life and going away from being on the circuits every weekend to staying at home for almost 4 months straight was a big difference. And as much as he loved the opportunity to have some time with his family, he missed F1 very dearly.

Yet, for the first time, Carlos was excited to live in the moment. He felt it building up in every inch of his bones once he realized the break meant 3 months of Juliette and nothing else between. He planned on enjoying every second of it and maybe carrying out for many season that'd come ahead.

"I still don't know how you made me agree to doing this." Juliette chuckled as she followed the Ferrari driver inside the big ass house he had in Madrid, carrying a pink suitcase she'd made after a quick stop in London after Abu Dhabi.

Carlos wasn't in a rush at all to convince Juliette to have him back since he know they'd always find their way back to each other, but it didn't mean he couldn't make the process faster by, for example, inviting her to come to Spain with him for the break.

"That's because you're crazy for me, cariño." Carlos shrugged teasingly, making Juliette rush a few steps to playfully slap his back.

"How is this 'taking it slow' for God's sake?" She sighed frustratedly because it was as hard for her as it was being for Carlos to held the temptation to get together.

"We've done worse before." Carlos turned around to face her as they walked through the living room in the way to the stairs. "Hey, don't worry, okay? We're doing this in your time now even though I can't wait to have you all to myself."

"You're gonna be sick of me in a month." Juliette broke down in a soft smile and her heart melted in appreciation for what he was doing for her and proving little by little the stability of his love.

"Bullshit, I always want you around."

Carlos held tight to his promise as, for the next two weeks, he and Juliette acted like they're getting to know each other all over again. Carlos was a complete gentleman as he took Juliette on dates all around Madrid and close cities, as well as treating her with as much distance as she felt like inside his place.