xviii.

STYLE ── eighteen

"𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡"— naked, james arthur

— naked, james arthur

warning ! anxiety, panic attack, mental health issues !

Juliette wasn't only to give in to anything without second thinking her every decision. So, when Charles came up with the date video idea, she thought it was for the best— for both her relationship and her career.

She didn't want people to find out so soon about her and Carlos so what better to mislead the media than to go on a date with someone else as a joke? It wasn't like Charles was taking this seriously either and they wouldn't do anything out of the ordinary since there would be cameras around.

That was what she was trying to tell herself through the entire process of organizing the date and convincing herself that, if Carlos actually liked her, he'd understand her side— of how afraid she was of the media messing her career up and her anxiety to have people watching their every step.

So, during their free week after the previous GP, Juliette went to meeting with her team without Carlos' knowledge to fix all the details as well as make sure that Charles was aware this didn't change anything between them and it was mostly friendly.

But now that everything was finally ready for her date with him that weekend, it was time to come clean with her partner about the fact that she was going out with someone else publicly. She really believed that Carlos would be understanding of the happening but couldn't help the anxiety settling on her stomach.

"Carlos, can we talk?" She carefully approached him in his bedroom as she walked in the room they shared in his place.

"Of course, mi amor." He answered mindlessly with his back turned to her as he changed to a casual t-shirt to stay at home after showering. "Oh no." His face dropped once he turned to face her and noticed something unusual. "What happened?"

"I have to tell you something and, before you say anything, you have to promise to let me finish first."

"Okay..." The man frowned as he took a seat at the end of the bed and waited till Juliette walked in front of him and sighed before starting.

"So Charles asked me to be in one of the date videos of my channel, which I haven't done in a long time—"

"What? You said no, right? I actually wanted to tell him about us."