xv.

STYLE ── fifteen

"𝐇𝐞𝐲, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧, 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨, 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐰"— afterglow, taylor swift

— afterglow, taylor swift

It was officially the shitiest weekend ever. Carlos wish he was kidding when he said that he absolutely hated every second of it— on and off the French circuit. It wasn't even about racing or the country or his team, every second ever since his flight to France had been the worst type of unbearable.

He wouldn't consider himself someone who fell easily for someone, but when it came to Juliette everything was too intense and, after months of pinning and going after her, he finally got the woman of his dreams. He could only imagine she liked him at least one bit of how much he liked her since everything was more than perfect between them.

Carlos was happy to have someone to share his moments and his life with as they visited Spain together and she appreciated all the things about him. He was even ready to come public about it— at least to his friends and coworkers.

And then, it was over before it even started for real. Juliette broke their perfect bubble of happiness as she came crashing Carlos' heart with nothing but a note and a silence treatment. It was an absolute surprise to come back to his place to find a piece of paper with three lines like it was enough to make him any less confused or hurt.

Because, as much as he hated to admit, he was hurt. A lot. He thought he had done something wrong or she simply got bored of him— either way, it didn't hurt any less.

It obviously reflected as how he was acting that weekend. Carlos didn't feel like going out with his friends to get some drinks or even celebrate after qualifying. During practices, he was moody and silent, walking straight to his trailer after the meetings or putting on his headphones so he wouldn't have to talk to anyone.

It also didn't help to see Juliette walking around the paddock all fine and dandy, with her camera and charming smile, talking to other guys like nothing had ever happened. It made his furious, and jealous, but more than that, sad.

"Hey Carlos." Charles' voice called him over from the place he was sat. Carlos walked straight by him, pretending he didn't hear, but his teammate didn't let it go as easily this time. "Carlos. Carlos, hold on! What the fuck, mate? Stop."

"What? I have to shower."

"Hell you don't. Why are you so moody?" Charles asked with a frown on his face.