Chapter 107: Destin Moon

Change of POV

I sat on my tail to keep it from wagging. I was so proud of my mate, and it was hard to not celebrate with her. Especially when that annoying elf was put in his place. My mood darkened when my eyes caught that damned unicorn eyeing her again. June seemed oblivious to it, but it was blaringly obvious to me. When she wasn't paying attention, he would quietly observe her with that lovesick smile.

At first, I brushed it off as his interest in her being an angel, but it didn't take me long to notice that he had other intentions. Anytime June turned to him or talked with him he became gentle, as if he was trying to showoff his best side. I once thought that it wouldn't work on June. She was oblivious to these things and stubborn when it came to romance. But now I realized that she was eating it up; reaching out to comfort him and sharing his food with him. No! She was my mate! Mine!

The plates were cleared once again and the pleasant smell of charred meat and barbecue left the room. Eventually the fruity fresh scent of strawberries filled the dining hall and a delicate dish of strawberry shortcake was placed before each person.

"That was very impressive, June. With all that power are you planning to stay and guard Vania?" Queen Reina asked with an approving smile. The royal family was already in love with her. Princess Serena was a fan, and Queen Reina would of course love June's sweetness and dedication to pups. I was unsure of Prince Sirius or King Tobias, but they were enamored. June was humble despite her obvious power. She was well spoken and fierce. That Hoen had no idea how to pick his battles, and June wiped the floor with him.

My mate turned to the queen and looked conflicted. "I wouldn't mind doing that, but I feel there is something more I should be doing. I don't really know how to explain it, but I want to do more."

"The angels would be able to guide you in that." Hoen stressed again.

June took a calming breath. Her hair shimmered as it splayed across her shoulders to the middle of her back. I missed her short pixie cut, but her hair looked nice like this too. "I agree with you." She said.

"You've changed your mind?" that unicorn bastard asked surprised.

June quickly checked that King Tobias had already taken a bite and picked up her fork to start on the dessert. "No, but I am willing to meet with one angel." She explained.

"We can make that work." Hoen said relieved.

"Not just any angel." June said after swallowing her first bite. I myself took a swipe at the bouncy pink stained cake and was washed clean by its sweetness. "I want to meet with Eros." She said.

"Eros? How do you even know that name?" Hoen asked frustrated.

"The Angel's Heart." She said without further explanation.

"Who is Eros?" Hendrix asked.

"He is the angel that bestowed his gift of love to the world." Lannister explained with that damned goofy smile. I grasped my fork and felt the metal bend and crimp to the shape of my fist.

"He also happens to have been a very close friend to who I was in the Before Realm." June added.

"Who were you?" King Tobias asked intrigued.

My mate smiled uneasily. "This is only what I've been told. I want to stress that I have no memories or related feelings of this. I only know my life as it was these past twenty years, but I guess I was the angel Philomena. I gifted the world with—"