Chapter 132: June Jackson

Back to Original POV

Katherine snatched the notepad from me yet again and scanned over the songs I was writing down. I groaned and dropped the pencil I was holding before yanking out my earbuds. "Princess Katherine, if you keep taking my notepad away, then I won't be able to get a decent selection down before the performance." I said trying to keep the frustrated bite out of my tone.

The petite vampire ignored me and continued to eye the notepad with a scrutinous scowl. Her blond curls were tied back into a pony tail, and for once she wasn't in a tea dress. She was instead wearing sweats and a crop-top shirt like she was going to a jazzercise class. A manicured hand was propped on her hip. "That's why you should have done this sooner." She complained.

I chuckled darkly. "I was planning to, but then some royal vampires decided to trapse right into my wing and cause a whole scene." I pointed out.

The princess flinched, but quickly waved it off. "Fine, fine." She said tossing the notepad back to me. "How much longer do you think it's going to take?"

I sighed. "Right. Look, maybe if you tell me what genre you want me to perform at our first location, I can skip songs that don't match it and circle back later." I suggested.

"We are performing here in Wisteria, so what do you think?" Katherine said with a smirk while using her thumb to gesture towards Destin. He was going over his own set with large head phones covering his wolfish ears from behind his head.

Destin was a known popstar. "Pop?" I said uncertainly.

"Yes, now get to it." She demanded.

"Princess Katherine, I don't very much like how you are speaking with June." Princess Serena piped in. She was dressed in more casual wear as well with flared yoga pants and a deep purple tank top. On her lap sat Obvi. He was curled up and the princess was stroking him gently. Unlike Serena's own cats back at Wistering Heights, Obvi didn't seem to mind the overly excitable werewolf. She had already asked to keep the black furball numerous times, but I enjoyed his presence in the tour bus. He made things more normal somehow.

"The performance isn't until tomorrow night anyway." Destin suddenly added from afar. I guess he could still hear our conversation.

I stood and stretched leaving the notebook on the table. "Yeah, I think I want to take a break."

The vampire princess groaned. "Juuune. You are killing me." She lamented.

I couldn't help but smile. "Just a small break. I'll grab a drink, walk to get my blood pumping, and get right back into it." I reassured. I walked out from behind the coffee table and finally broke free of the red couch. Princess Serena was lounging on one end and Princess Katherine was tapping her foot standing by the coffee table. Eliza was napping in one of the compartments, Destin was sitting at one of black couches in the living space area, and Jimmy was driving. They understandably couldn't have just any driver on my tour bus, because it would reveal my secret. Jimmy was thus sacrificed as tribute, but he didn't seem to mind too much.

The moment I was a few steps away from the red couch, Obvi became alert and jumped off of Princess Serena's lap to curiously follow after me. The royal werewolf sighed and her black ears dropped. "Why do all the little cute animals prefer you?" She asked without really expecting an answer. Her cuteness obsession had been revealed to the others on the bus the moment she entered and ran in to embrace me. She claimed that with us traveling so much together, she wouldn't have been able to keep it secret for long anyway.