Chapter 136: June Jackson

My first story has officially hit over 20K views! I'm so happy to see that others are enjoying this story as much as I am! Thanks again, and don't forget to vote and comment!

-Lucinda Croft

Back to Original POV

Red smoke surrounded everything. I could smell the rehearsal room where my body physically was, but all I could see was red and the pulsing of lights. My ears were drowned in screams, chants, and cheers. It was so loud that I had no idea where the noise was actually coming from.

"You ready?" I suddenly heard Destin say. I turned to find him standing beside me. The smoke only slightly obscured his appearance, since he was so close. His green eyes were warm and comforting.

"I have to be." I chuckled nervously.

"You'll do great." He reassured. Now the mics will be live in 15 seconds. Remember your cue?"

I nodded taking a big breath. The smoke was already concentrating towards the back of the stage. Destin would come out in front of it and start his song, then when my first harmony comes in the smoke will be blown away and I walk forward to join him center stage. The backup dancers will be revealed once all the smoke leaves the stage. I could do that.

Destin nodded and strode forward. His silhouette eventually vanished in the smoke and the music started. His voice filled the venue and overpowered the noisy crowd. I tried to ignore the pounding of my own heart and focused on the beat until it was my turn to come in. I started strong and walked forward in time to the music while the wind whipped my white hair about me. By the time the smoke was gone I was standing by Destin, the two of us holding our notes that coiled and strengthened each other. I didn't know what it was. There was something about singing with Destin that made me feel light headed and giddy. It made me smile and feel as drunk as when I had too much of Hendrix's tasty wine. The urge to continue was strong, and often hard to back away from. I couldn't tell if it was because his voice was so silky and strong that it made my body quiver, or if it was due to my own voice feeling free and effortless in the presence of his.

I could make out some random people or details from the crowd. T-shirts, ears, hair, phones, noise makers, and small signs dotted the sea of endless faces. They moved in a choppy wave or a chaotic amoeba, and the stage lights drowned a lot of their features out. Despite this I knew they were enjoying the show. Their cheers grew louder the moment I escaped the smoke, and those in the closer rows shouted and demanded for our attention. Their excitement spurred on my desire to perform and to please. The exhilaration from singing and dancing fueled the fire.

Destin and I continued our routine. We acted as lovers like his song dictated, and the moments we touched or held were fabricated. He was careful to not disrupt the hologram, and I was careful to not fall into him despite not being near him at all. Once the song came to its close the audience was going nuts, but Destin's eyes stayed on my persona. I tried to ignore it but there was an affection in his eyes that made my heart go crazy. Finally he addressed the roaring crowd.

"Thank you! Thank you! It was an honor performing for you, and to be able to sing with the very talented and lovely Celine Lupine! Now I would like to turn the stage over to her, so that she may continue to grace you with her amazing talent! Celine Lupine!" He shouted gesturing to me. Screams and applause blasted the venue and stage.

I stepped forward and waited for the crowd to settle. "Hello, everyone! Thank you for being here at the first concert of my tour! My first concert ever actually!" I chuckled and voices whooped and cheered in response. "I know many of you were here for the incredible talent that is Destin Moon, and I can't thank him enough for giving me this chance to perform for you, but I hope you stay to hear what I have to offer." Again the audience cheered their affirmations. "But I do have something I'd like to admit." The crowd instantly fell silent. "I am not really here on stage. I am singing and dancing for you, but this." I gestured to my persona. "Is just a projected image of myself."