chapter 28

Chan woke up in a good mood for no particular reason. He went to the bathroom to take a quick shower and went downstairs to make himself some breakfast.

He was still eating when he received a message from his father that he wanted to meet up with him. The food suddenly seemed uninteresting.

"Do you have a lesson today?" Minho asked from the stairway. Chan was too engrossed in his stress that he didn't hear anything.

"Channie what's wrong?" Minho tapped Chan's shoulder and Chan jumped." Are you fine? I've been talking to you for so long." Minho said and Chan nodded with a fake smile.

"Don't test me so early my love." Minho warned. Chan stood up and hugged Minho while deeply inhaling his scent." It's my dad. He wants to see me." Chan said quietly.

"When? Why?" Minho caressed Chan's lower back while pressing a kiss to his forehead." He hasn't told me why. He said he wants to meet up today." Chan sighed.

"Can you go with me?" Chan asked in a small voice and Minho nodded." Your scent is foul baby. You're obviously stressed. How about you go and rest for a while I'll wake you up later." Minho gave Chan a soft and gentle kiss.

Minho carried Chan to their room and tucked him in. Chan smiled at Minho and wondered how he got so lucky to have a mate like Minho.

His mate brought out the real him. He remembered that he wanted to have someone to take care of back then but today he was the one being taken care of like a freaking prince.

Before he knew it he fell asleep on Minho's arms feeling very content and happy. It wasn't until later that he woke up and Minho told him to get ready.

They departed and found Chan's father seated in the corner of the restaurant. They both bowed down and they seated next to one another.

"This is Lee Minho. He's my mate." Chan said when he saw his father's gaze on Minho. His father nodded and gave him an envelope without saying anything.

Chan opened the envelope with shaky hands and took out the papers inside. He read it and his tears fell down. Minho took the paper from him and read it.

His jaw dropped upon reading the paper and his eyes turned red instantly. Chan looked at him with a teary face and shook his head." It's not worth it." Chan held Minho's hand.

Chan took the paper and asked the waiter for a pen. Upon getting one he wasted no time and immediately signed the paper." It was nice knowing you. I hope you have a good life." Chan bowed before he shakily took Minho's hand and went out.

The drive was very quiet with Minho occasionally striking a conversation only for Chan to respond in one or two words. Eventually Minho decided to keep quiet so that Chan could process whatever happened earlier on.

He went with Chan at school since it was time for his lesson. He went with Chan to class and surprisingly Chan didn't push him away. He opened the class to the noisy class and got in.

Chan walked up to Jeongin and settled himself between Jeongin and Seungmin. Of course Felix was bickering with Jisung about nonsensical stuff and Jeongin and Seungmin were looking at them with amusement.

He greeted them before sitting down on the wooden floor." Hi guys. What's on the agenda for today?" Minho sighed.

"We were supposed to do group performances." Yeonjun said." What?!" Chan's group said simultaneously. All of them had forgotten about the group performances.