Tempt the Devil: Chapter 11: Anton

Auburn hair caught my eye, neatly pulled back into an elegant bun. Rowan filled the requirements for sophistication in the workplace with ease. She stood in an alley, the dress far too tight for her growing body. Why Nolia had delayed in getting Rowan a new dress was beyond me.

"You summoned my lord?"

"Yes Rowan, I need a favor from you. One that you must not speak of if asked."

Her gaze faltered and I knew why.

"I am referring to the other demon women or anyone really. With the exception of Nicolas of course and what is said between you two must not pass to another."

Rowan nodded with a relieved smile.

"Did you see the woman I was speaking with?"

"Yes my lord."

"She will be coming with me when I attend your wedding. I need you to go and purchase dresses for her to wear to dinners and lunches. Don't forget all that nonsense that goes along with it. Ensure that she wants for nothing when she decides what to wear. She will require a months' worth of items and I do not care for the cost. You are permitted to make the purchases at boutiques and couture designers."

I held out the black credit card, Rowan hesitantly took it.

"You will not be questioned about it Rowan, just hand it over and all will be well. Have the driver assist you with the items and deliver them to apartment one b in that building over there. Racks will be waiting for the items, the wardrobe space is appalling."

A limousine slowed beside us, the driver bustled his way to the door to open it for Rowan.

"Please me in this task and I will grant you something wonderful."

"Yes my lord, thank you for thinking of me for this task."

"I require someone that I can trust to keep their mouth shut. Demon women lack that ability. Where is your new dress, Rowan? Is this not uncomfortable for you?"

"A little, my lord but I accept it all the same. Nolia said the new one is on its way."

I guess I will be speaking with Nolia about this. This delay was unnecessary.

"Alright. Please go and find dresses and all that she needs."

Rowan nodded with a coy smile.

"She is very pretty, my lord."

"Indeed she is but this man requires so much more than looks. Personality and intelligence, the ability to accept the past and the future and not have it affect the mind."

"Does she cover those items?"

"Some yes." I gazed down the path to her shop front "And some I do not know."

I turned back to Rowan and gestured to the car.

"Time evades you, Rowan. Make haste with the task."

"Yes my lord."

She climbed into the vehicle and as it pulled away I stepped back into the alley and sank myself into the ground. Reappearing in front of Nolia's desk, she gasped with fright.

"My lord, you frightened me."

"Yes." I hummed with derision "What is the delay on Rowan's new dress?"

"The maker had to redesign it to accommodate the growing child, my lord, I have asked him to hurry with it but I don't think he realizes how much she needs it. She is only a couple of weeks pregnant yet the swell is..."

"Large?"

Nolia nodded, her eyes widening as I leaned on the desk.

"And it's only going to get larger. Ring the dressmaker and tell him if he doesn't get a dress here by the time she leaves today then I will visit him personally and ensure he understands that he will regret displeasing me."

"Yes my lord."

I wandered into my office, sinking back into my chair with a sigh. For a brief moment, I closed my eyes to ponder the recent events. Sarah accepted my world so easily, too easily. Something was going to make it all crash down and I knew what that something was.

One of them was in the room, I could feel the burning heat of desire. I opened my eyes and saw Yalen sitting across it. She leaned over the desk, lowering to it to lay on her side.

"May I help you with your stress my lord?"

She was temptation wrapped in a tight black dress. Her breasts bulged under the firmly wrapped material, her fingers trailed over the curve of her hip.

"Thank you for your kind offer Yalen but I do have work to do. Maybe another day."

Momentarily she looked disheartened, lifting her body from my desk. She leaned forward and offered a view of ample cleavage.

"Are you sure, my lord? I will be most pleasing for you."

Her legs swung around, one resting on each side of my legs. The skirt of her dress edged higher over her thighs as her legs parted. With a giggle, she playfully pulled on my tie.

"Tell me your desires for today, my lord. I can hear your heart beating faster for me, I can feel the need burning in you."

"I need to get on with my work, I have missed too many hours as it is."

Pushing the chair back, I stood to my feet.

"Please do not make me cross Yalen. I have said no."

"Alright." she said as she stood and sauntered out of the room.

I fell back into the chair, suffering from frustration already. Why I had decided to turn away Yalen or any of the demon women I could not say but it was already causing me problems.

You know why you did it and why you will keep on doing it my mind whispered.

It was right, deep down I did know why I had refused Yalen and it had to do with one human female. I couldn't offer a change in my past but I could offer a different future. All I had to do was avoid situations like that which wasn't going to be easy. Not when the demon women expected me to be overly amorous towards them. Life was difficult. No, it wasn't difficult it was hard. And about to break the zip on my pants.