Queen of Hell: Chapter 24: Sarah

Sleepily I looked out the wide window, the warmth of the red sun shining through and keeping me in a drowsy state. Anton's loving had been subdued but amazing as always; now we were laying by the window and resting.

The bedroom was beyond enormous; we were in a section of the room that could be considered a lounge area. Windows spanned the entire wall of this room, level with the window was one large cushion which was almost like several king-sized mattresses put together, covered in the softest velvet. The cover was a royal blue color material with curtains that matched and scatter cushions in a vibrant gold. Everything was excessive; everything looked expensive.

Anton was behind me; his arm draped over my waist with his fingers dancing around my stomach. Our view of hell was through a glass that was one way, something that I was rather happy about considering I was very naked.

The land shimmered, I looked out upon the view of the vast area of black trees and autumn leaves and thought it seemed like a mirage. Sitting up roused Anton's attention, he joined me as he looked out to the underworld.

He sighed and turned, putting on his pants as he stood.

"My darling, it appears that our demons have felt their masters distress and are coming home earlier than I had wanted. You need to dress in a manner appropriate for meeting them."

I wrapped myself in the light blanket as Anton collected my clothes.

"All that you need will be waiting for you, all you have to do is want it."

Anton took my hand and showed me through to the next room. It was like an entryway, the door to the rest of the quarters was to our left and to our right was the dressing room and bathroom. Straight ahead was the bedroom area which was just as large as the lounge room area behind us.

We walked into the dressing room, one side was Anton's many suits, and the other side was all of my things.

"So what should I wear?"

I gripped the blanket that was around me as I looked at one of the beautiful dresses.

"No my love, something more fitting would be ideal. These clothes are fine for when we were on Earth but down here, extravagance is everything. I know it is not who you are but they must see their queen in a way that is appropriate."

Anton turned, with a wave of his hand a dress appeared. It wasn't hanging on a hanger, nor fitted to a mannequin but it stood as if someone was wearing it. The dress was gorgeous, a figure hugging black dress that sparkled like the night sky. Long sleeves and a high neckline made me hot just looking at it.

As I walked closer, the color shimmered to a dull red.

"It is an exquisite material Sarah, one that alters in the light depending on where you are standing."

With another wave of his hand, the dress was on me, wrapped around my body and showing off my curves. Then the back end seemed to get a little heavier, I looked in the mirror and saw the giant train that was now attached to it.

It was a mass of ruffles, glistening in the light when I turned. When I looked up at my reflection in the mirror, I gasped with shock. My hair had been altered, pinned to the back. Long lustrous curls styled neatly, all of my hair was neat and tidy. That gorgeous yet not wanted crown was on my head again.

Anton moved to my side, unable to snuggle from behind now that I had a monster train. He nuzzled into my neck, kissing below my ear as his hands gripped my hips.

"You are more exquisite than this material, the crown and all of the jewels in this world and the next."

I smiled, enjoying his affection. When my hand settled on his wrist, I looked down, realizing he was wearing a suit. It was hard to wrap my head around his abilities or even my own. What I had done in the baby goods store was a little shocking to me. I knew what I was doing, but I could not comprehend it. But that was okay; the result was a trip to the city while having amazing sex.

The suit was one that I hadn't seen before, soft to the touch and yet it looked like it was made of the sturdiest material. It tapered to his body, shaping Anton in a way that made him look incredible. Dark black with a red shirt under, open the first few buttons.

"No tie for my handsome king?"

"Better, my love."

A servant appeared with a small box, warily he opened it as the sounds of wails moaned out from within. The buttons of Anton's shirt did themselves up; a silky red cravat slid into place. Anton reached into the box and pulled out one little black pin. The servant closed the small wood box, bowed and scurried away.

With a satisfied smile, Anton looked in the mirror as he put the pin in place.

"Why did the box howl?"

"It didn't," Anton said as he turned.

He leaned a little closer and something in his pin shifted.

"Oh," I murmured. "Uh, why?"

"A reminder to those out there that damnation is suffering. That if they misbehave, then they are doomed to a life of being cursed. Imagine being locked in a tiny cage, one so small that your entire body becomes disjointed and filled with pain. A cage so small that you wouldn't dare trap a bug in it, yet somehow there is one of the damned."

Anton gestured to the pin.

"Writhing in agony for an eternity in a sea of pure black. Unable to see a thing nor hear their own cries but the pain is so intense that it makes up for all of the lost senses."

"Do you always wear pins that contain the damned?"

Because that's kind of weird.

"No, just special occasions. Much like the crown really."

"Please tell me there isn't one of the damned in my crown."

"Okay." He grinned deviously. "There isn't one of the damned in your crown."

Anton held out his hand, and I groaned with defeat.

"How many?"

"Well it is rather large, and I couldn't have just one floating around in there by itself. Far too spacious so I packed a few in."

My hands went to my hips as my lips pressed a long thin line.

"Hundred." He said with a little uncertainty. "Thousand. Yeah... hundred thousand seems about right. I did lose track when I got to ten thousand, after that, I stopped caring and continued to stuff them in."

I gripped the wall as I began to feel the horror of the crown grip me.

"A hundred thousand souls and you talk to them as if they are nothing more than an object."

"They knew the outcome if they broke the deal, Sarah," Anton said dangerously.

His humor had died away, replaced with something akin to menacing.

"A deal with the devil is not made lightly, and these people knew the risk. Do not hold empathy for them; they chose to sign on the dotted line. I did not force them nor hold a gun to their head. They approached me; I did not lure them with false promises. People find me when they want me, not the other way around."

Red eyes flashed at me, shining bright with a vibrant ruby that was like liquid silk.

"No more empathy for those who do not deserve it, Sarah. Come, our demons await."