Queen of Hell: Chapter 12: Sarah

It was unbelievable to think it was true but after a few hours, he could see the life within me. All my fears that we would not be able to have a child were gone, now I had the fear of losing the child. I wanted to ask him what kind of complications I should expect but I couldn't. Would I spend months with my head in the toilet bowl puking my guts up or would it be a breeze? I didn't even know if I would carry for the forty weeks. Would it be longer, shorter or the same?

The thoughts were cast aside, knowing that there was something in the lower levels that was after what Anton had just burned to a crisp.

He reached into his pocket and pulled a letter out. It was similar to the one that Michael had tried to make me take, only this one had a red wax seal. I looked at it warily as Anton held it out for me, Igor's words about letters ringing through my mind.

Anton remained firm, waiting as I debated in my mind. With a gentle push forward the letter was offered again, I took it though I worried about what the ramifications might be. I broke open the seal and took the letter out of the envelope.

Will you marry me?

I frowned at the four words, wondering why he was asking it when we had already agreed. It had to do with the piece of paper that he'd just burned, the person in the lower levels of this room and whatever it was that was really going on in his world.

I nodded at him, watching as he rolled his hand to indicate I turn it over.

Now?

There was no time to debate this, I knew there was a sense of urgency with this based on how he was doing things. I nodded again and felt the crush of his body against mine, we faded into the air and reappeared in what looked like an office. On the wall was a crucifix, centered between two bookshelves. To the side of us was a desk with a middle aged man staring at us rather stunned.

"Uh, can I help you?"

"Are you Ignatius the conqueror?"

He frowned and tilted his head as he looked at Anton.

"I am Father Ignatius Burton."

"Ignatius de Bortano the conqueror," Anton growled in a menacing tone. "Do not hide from those who can see your true nature."

The man stood from his chair, glaring at Anton.

"I know not of what you speak. I am a humble priest in a little village."

He took the book he had been reading and walked to the bookcase, filing it back on the shelf.

"And yet you have two people appear out of nowhere in front of you and you do not question it. Do you know where lying priests end up Ignatius?"

"In your world." he whispered sadly.

Ignatius turned back and looked at Anton, fear made him press against the shelves.

"Have you come for me? Is my time at an end already?"

"No, I require a service from you. Do it with speed and do it now and I will forget that you lied to me."

His eyes darted from Anton to me, relaxing a fraction.

"And what is it that you want?"

"For you to marry us."

"Now? Where are your witnesses? What is the need for such rush, don't you want a lavish ceremony in a fancy church? Not some run down office with no family or friends."

Anton frowned, in the blink of an eye he had the priest pressed up against the bookcase, clutching at his cassock.

"You ask too many questions when you were told that I wanted speed and it done now. Get yourself ready, witnesses are on their way."

Igor appeared with a woman, who she was I didn't know. The pretty blonde woman was full figured and wearing an amazing dress that hugged her hourglass figure perfectly. Her hair was swept up in a neatly loose bun, bright red eyes gleamed at me.

"My lady." Igor bowed, looking at Anton with a little concern.

Anton let the priest go and stepped back, keeping a close eye on the man.

"This is my lady friend, Catherine. We are honored to be here for you."

"Of course." I smiled at Igor.

"Catty darling, this is our lady and boss lady Sarah."

She smiled at me, offering her hello with a curtsy. Not sure why that was needed, I'm still Sarah even if I was about to marry the devil himself. My parents would be rolling over in their graves.

"Okay, let's get this show on the road," Anton grumbled as he hauled the priest to the cleared space in his office. "And hit the fast forward, we don't have time for speeches about love."

Ignatius looked at me with concern, I offered him a smile to show that even though Anton was being a bit of a crank at the moment, I was okay with what was going on.

"We are gathered here today." Ignatius started.

Anton cleared his throat with a frown. Ignatius huffed and turned the page.

"Do you Anton Dremain take uh..."

"Sarah Walters."

"Yes, Sarah Walters to be your wife in.."

"Yes. Get on with it."

I really wished that the priest would stop trying to delay this, maybe he was onside with the one who was stalking us.

"Alright." He said softly. "And do you Sarah Walters take Anton Dremain to be your husband?"

"Yes."

"I ask if there is any reason that these two should not be married to speak now or forever hold your peace."

Nothing was said, not a sound to be heard. Anton narrowed his eyes harder at the man who seemed to be waiting for someone else to appear out of nowhere and shout out their reason. It wasn't going to happen.

"By the powers vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss and I will start the paperwork."

Ignatius sounded like he wanted to sigh, Igor and Catherine were cooing their happiness as Anton kissed me hard.

"I know it was not the greatest of circumstances my love but I am grateful that you have accepted it."

I kissed him again, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"So long as we are together I do not care. We are good now, aren't we? No more pest hanging around?"

"Soon my love."