Playing with Fire: Chapter 4: Sarah

We walked through the corridors, weaving our way through red lit paths. People passed us with smiles at me like they could smell my blood. All I could see was the fangs and I hoped that they would see Anton and know that I was off the menu.

I felt a little odd but that was because I thought I was a little underdressed. The skirt barely covered the thigh high stockings and the top accentuated my overabundant chest. Like I needed to be pushed up anymore. The boots weren't that easy to walk in either. I'd done my time in pumps, I could walk in them if necessary. But these things had a high sole under the ball of my foot, the heel part looked like a black pencil. I wasn't used to platform boots.

Even Anton was a little underdressed which I found rather amusing. Jeans rather than a suit, a loose shirt that was open several buttons rather than a business shirt and tie. I had to say, he looked pretty damned hot. This girl likes casual Anton.

We entered an enormous room that was filled with people from wall to wall. Before I had felt odd in the clothes I was wearing, now I felt a part of the crowd. This place was filled to the edges, I could barely see the far end, it was so long. The people were all dancing to the loud beat, on the wall opposite us was a stage that was sunk into the wall. A DJ was set up with a massive desk that he was working at.

The lights were a dull yellow in the room, barely lighting anything at all. Which I figured was exactly how they liked it. Anton held my hand tight as we made our way through the crowd, weaving our way along the wall.

There were hands everywhere, people didn't seem to care if someone they didn't know touched them. All they cared about was dancing with the flow of the crowd. Along the wall was a lot more eyebrow raising. There were people actually having sex. I saw a rivulet of blood slide down over a woman's neck and onto her chest. As we passed her and the man that was in between her legs, he ripped open her shirt to lick the long line of blood.

"Oo...kay," I whispered, returning to the view ahead of us.

It wasn't much better, there was a lot more flesh on show. I hadn't done the night club thing before or after coming to New York so I didn't really know if this was normal or not. But there was something about it that was a little arousing. Watching other people, seeing bare bodies. It made my heart race. I couldn't tear away from the view.

I'd always wondered what it was like to watch someone else, I'd never been brave enough to venture down the path of watching it on the television. But I'll bet that watching it on the television was nothing in comparison to the real life version.

We reached a more cleared section, to one side was a bar that was bustling with people wanting to be served. To the right of the bar was a large opening in the wall, darkness beyond. In front of the opening were two really large fellows and one pretty red rope that barred anyone from venturing forward without their permission.

"Master Dremain, Miss Walters. Welcome."

"Thank you."

One man leaned over and lifted the rope, allowing us safe passage through the opening of doom. So that might have been a little over the top. It was two sets of stairs that faced each other, going opposite ways.

"To the right Master Dremain."

"Thank you, again."

"No problem." the deep, gravelly voice offered.

We took the stairs to the right, emerging at the top which was a narrow balcony. The view out over the room was staggering, I would estimate that there were thousands of people here.

"Are they all vampires?"

"I doubt it. I'd say there'd be a lot of humans in there as well."

To the left of the balcony was several sets of double doors, all of them closed. We turned the corner and moved along another balcony that ran the length of the vast room. A third of the way along we came across an open set of doors.

The room was blue on blue. Walls of blue, a dull blue light that made the leather lounge and floor look blue. It was one long lounge that wrapped in a curve from one wall to the next, on it was several people and two young children. They all seemed rather relaxed and happy, chatting as if porn central wasn't going on a few feet from us.

"There you are!" Marty gasped "I was just about to come and find you."

Marty grinned as she sauntered over to us, stopping with a sniff.

"Mm, you two smell like sex. Really good sex. Teasers."

Then she sauntered off, leaving me a little shocked.

"Can she really smell it?" I whispered, following Anton to the bar.

He gave the man behind it a nod and turned back to the view of the room, leaning against the bar.

"Marty is an old vampire so it is entirely possible."

"Oh my god." I groaned "How many old vampires are there here?"

Anton looked around the room, his eyes flickering and narrowing.

"Three in this room."

Which was a lot considering there were only six adults aside from the barman, Anton and me.

"So who is the odd one out?"

Because I could see Rowan and knew it wasn't her. I assumed that the guy beside her with his arm around her was Nick and the kid by their side was, well he was young. Duh.

"That would be me."

I turned to the woman behind me, a toddler on her hip. She had a beauty that was surreal, long flowing brown hair and bright blue eyes. Even the kid on her hip was adorable.

"Your highness." Anton tipped his head dutifully as he addressed her.

"Anton, please. You know that I do not adhere to protocols."

He smiled with a slight chuckle.

"As you wish. Sarah this is Eliria Lancaster as she is known here on Earth. In her home world, she is known as her royal highness princess Eliria Trimaine, daughter of his royal highness prince Hemoi Trimaine and the mighty warrior Alvarie Trimaine."

"Are you done?" she said dryly.

"And of course her gorgeous daughter Ella Lancaster, third in line to be the queen of the elves."

I looked at her with shock.

"You're an elf?"

"My father is an elf and my mother is fae and I am not second in line Anton. You know that I abdicated in favor of a quiet life being mother and wife."

"Ahh, you may have abdicated Eliria but that does not mean that it cannot be reversed. Until your brother is born and of age, you are and always will be second in line."

She huffed and rolled her eyes, saying nothing more about the subject. The child in her arms reached out for me.

"It would be wise if you refrain from holding Ella until after she has fed. Otherwise, she will sink her fangs into you."

"Does your kind feed on blood as well?"

She smiled at me and then gestured to the man seated the closest to us "Her father is a vampire."

The man smiled at me and I felt incredibly cold. Colder than I have ever felt, even during winter. He was gorgeous, he had a certain undeniable beauty about him but I couldn't get over the feeling of malevolence within.

"It's good to meet you, Sarah, don't be a stranger."

Eliria turned and walked away, I watched as the seemingly cold man doted over the child.

"So what's the deal with this room?"

"This is a private room that allows the children to live feed without seeing the depravity of the other room."

He turned and grabbed our drinks, passing mine to me. The bartender didn't even ask what I wanted yet he managed to get it right. Red wine, which made me look like a weird vampire in this place. Anton had his scotch on the rocks in one hand, the other on my back and drawing me closer.

"How long do you think we can last?"

I smiled with a slight giggle.

"Not very long."