Playing with Fire: Chapter 15: Anton

Sarah had closed the doors to me, keeping me out of the bedroom. I was being a pest apparently, distracting her from getting ready and with such little time left, she needed to be distraction free. So I waited in the lounge room, completely ready.

My eyes could not leave the door knowing that she was going to come through it at any moment and didn't want to miss it.

Annoyingly, someone knocked on the door. I got up from the lounge reluctantly, wishing that I could tell the person to go away. Maybe I might.

I thought that until I opened the door and saw Hemoi standing in front of me. Telling an elven prince to go away wouldn't go down too well. Not so much because he was an elf or a prince but the fact that he had a fae warrior for a wife, one that would gut me for the fun of it. Alvarie would take great pleasure in the burdensome task, I'm sure. Especially knowing that it wouldn't kill me, she would revel in the fact that once I had repaired myself, she'd get to have her fun all over again. No one ever feared for the prince's life when she was around.

"Your highness, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

Alvarie lingered in the background, her knowing smile exuding as she watched me.

"We were on our way to the room, did you realize you're cutting it fine?"

"I did, however, Sarah is still getting ready."

Hemoi raised an eyebrow at me and looked to my side. I turned and saw Sarah standing behind me.

"All done." She said softly.

"Well then, don't be long. You might be the devil but that does not excuse tardiness to a wedding."

He turned, taking his wife's hand and continued down the corridor.

"Anton?"

Sarah tilted her head slightly as she looked at me, I was still staring. Unable to turn away from her now that we were alone.

"You look divine."

A light pink blushed across her cheeks as my fingers trailed over the soft material of her dress. A pretty red dress that was a pale coloring with large outlines of white flowers.

"We should go," I said reluctantly. "Apparently it is rude to be late to a wedding. I suspect that our reasoning that I couldn't tear away from you and your beauty would not be sufficient."

She grinned as I kissed along her jaw and down her neck.

"I do like your hair up, exposing your delicate neck for me to kiss with ease."

Hearing William and Eliria talking dragged me from the moment, one that would have us in trouble very soon. Taking Sarah's hand we moved through the opened the door and saw them assisting Nicolas along the corridor.

"Is he still drunk?"

"No, quietly freaking out." William returned.

With a nod of understanding, I shut the door and we quickly moved past them.

"Are you going to be like that?" Sarah asked with a naughty smirk.

"That is highly likely. The fear of screwing up the most important day of our life together is enough to make the strongest tremble with fear."

Or the sudden realization lives were about to change. Even though our life together was just beginning, I was quietly freaking out. I'd already realized that I was going from a single status to a relationship status and that after an eternity of doing as I pleased without consequence was about to change, I was obviously a little anxious.