Shadow of Death: Chapter 9: Anton

I woke in a wet patch, not of my fluids but of the lovely woman that was pressed against me and was leaking.

"Sarah," I said softly, gently waking her.

Her eyes opened with a happy smile, one that filled me with my own happiness.

"You are leaking my love."

"Ugh. I should have dealt with this last night. You are a distraction, did you know that?"

I grinned wickedly, leaning back as I watched her dress. She was a mighty fine sight naked, but I also enjoyed the view of a dressed Sarah. To see how different materials hugged and shaped her body showed her beautiful curves, I found pleasure every time I looked at her.

Brannon was asleep, but I could hear him moving.

"Educate me, Sarah, is there going to be enough for Brannon now that most of it is in the sheets?"

"I suppose." she shrugged. "I guess we'll find out when he wakes for his feed."

She looked down to him and smiled, turning back to me with a mischievous look. I knew that look; it was one that said if she could, she'd have me pinned to the bed for her own delight.

"What are we going to do today?" Sarah asked she sat back down.

"Well, I suppose I should go and see the fellow who is now looking after the crows, tell him of his new duties. Then I suppose I could go and see the dove keeper. We could go for a walk, test that pram."

"Sounds like a plan, is there somewhere nice to have lunch?"

Now that sounded like a very good idea. I wrapped my arms around her and rolled her over my body and onto the bed, laughing as she shrieked.

"Oh, you bad girl Sarah. You will wake Brannon."

Her eyes narrowed at me as she stifled a smirk.

"I love the idea of a picnic with you and our son, maybe even Cerberus might follow us. There is a valley not far from here; it overlooks the lava lake."

She frowned at me with a confused smile.

"Trust me, it sounds terrible, but it is beautiful. This is your home now Sarah; you will become accustomed to it with each passing day. Now that Brannon is with us he will help you, make you feel more at ease with everything."

"The trinity?"

"Yes my love, before you might have had issues with little things but now that the trinity is complete you will find that all of your issues with float away."

Those big blue eyes looked up at me, filled with hope. I traced my fingers over her ruby red lips, finding her intoxicating and enthralling. As I leaned down to kiss her, Brannon decided to alert us to the fact that he was awake and hungry.

Sarah smiled, and even though our son was crying, I took that kiss. It was short and sweet but enough to show her that for a brief moment, it was just us.

I stood and lifted Brannon, gazing upon him as he fussed.

"Settle my sweet little man; you mother is almost ready."

She shot me a smirk as she sat down, propping the cushion and making herself comfortable.

"There, see? Ready for you and such promptness too. I hope you are grateful young man."

Placing him onto the cushion and Sarah's waiting arms, I watched with fascination as Brannon knew exactly where he needed to be.

"You always seem fascinated," Sarah said as I sat beside her.

"I am, I have never seen a woman feed a child before. Truly amazing that you can provide sustenance. Does it hurt?"

"At first it did, but the area was a little tender, now it's okay."

I wrapped my arm around her, watching as Brannon suckled greedily. I don't think that I could tire of this and I was suddenly grateful for being able to stay here with them.

Not sending out the birds was almost like a vacation, hell could run itself for a few months or years I suppose. I could be lazy and spend time with my wife and son.

Could I ignore my duties? Probably not. I would have to do something eventually. For the time being, I was able to take a few weeks and relax.

When Brannon was full, I was given the task of ensuring there was no wind in him while Sarah had a shower, without me. Distracted by the thoughts of her being naked and me not being in there to put my hands all over her, I set about my duty. Brannon was against my chest with his head on my shoulder. All I had to do was rub his back until he brought up the wind.

Well, he brought something up, but by the smell of it, I don't think it was wind. I heard a laughing and turned to see Sarah wrapped in a towel with a mighty grin on her face.

"Oh, Anton." She said with a chuckle. "Do you happen to own a camera?"

"No," I grumbled. "Hurry and dress so that I can change."

"Use your powers if you're in such a hurry."

And with that one little statement, she turned on her heels and returned to the dressing room.

"Yes, I suppose I could do that."

I put Brannon back into his crib and changed into a suit. As I looked through the windows I thought about the morning ahead, was a suit acceptable for a picnic? Probably not. Could the devil do casual in front of his demons? No. Maybe I could alter myself slightly when we were at the lake.

I pushed the crib towards the dressing room, finding his delectable mother in just her underwear again.

"How long before we can misbehave again?"

"I don't know Anton; I'm not human anymore so I can't answer that."

Well, that was an interesting thought. She's not a human anymore; she's an immortal human. Even that's technically not human. She is classed as human, but that is only because she's in an uncategorised species. And to add to the confusion of what she was and how long it would take to heal, she'd been altered to match the demon's abilities, I wasn't so sure if that hadn't affected her as well.

"Well, demons don't have children so we can't go by that. If we went by deities, then it would be two weeks. There aren't many immortal humans, so I don't really know about them either. You're a created human, so you do tend to have a lot of deity attributes being that you were made for a deity."

I sat on the chair near the door and watched as Sarah walked over, sitting on my lap and wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Let's hope for two weeks then."

With a grin I nodded, pulling her in for a much-needed kiss.