Chapter 12

"I'm really sorry Megan" Nick apologized again as we sat back at the table. "It's okay, it's not bad" I said and smiled at him, it was just water, so nothing to get upset about. We all continued to chat throughout the dinner, Marylou and Jimmy talking a lot to me and Alahna. "Do you have a boyfriend?" Marylou asked me, I looked at Chris, who was already looking at me, I looked back at Marylou. "Yeah, he's on the lacrosse team too" I said "Chris stole his place as captain" Nick laughed. "Really?" she asked "Yeah, but somehow it's his own fault." I said "everyone told him to stop smoking but he wouldn't listen" said Matt

"Are you finished eating?" Marylou asked, we all nodded and she started clearing the table, I got up to help her but she orphaned me back to my seat. My phone vibrated and I took a quick look at it, not now Tyler. And put it back again. "I hope we have no sports tomorrow" said Alahna Random, out of nowhere. "How do you come up with this now?" I giggled. "I hate it and it crossed my mind" she said "wanna know a funfact?" Matt said "go ahead" said Alahna "Sports protects against heart attacks and hardening of the arteries, lowers blood pressure, helps with diabetes, depression and obesity, strengthens muscles and bones, can prevent dementia and mental illnesses and strengthens the immune system. But fewer and fewer people are doing sports." He said "wow how do you know all this" Chris grinned and took a sip of his drink. "No, but Matt's right. Sport improves sleep quality, reduces the risk of depression, improves blood circulation and even stimulates concentration" I said. "You guys are such nerds" Nick said, to which Matt and I giggled. Marylou came and put plates in front of us all, then she came with the cake that Alahna and I baked. "Did you make that Mom?" Chris asked "no, Alahna and Megan." She said smiling. "That's so cute, thank you" he said and got up to hug Alahna. "My pleasure, we have something to celebrate" she said and returned his hug. Then he came to me, he smiled as sweetly as always "thank you" he whispered into the hug. "Not for that" I said, hugging him tighter.

"Can you go ahead? I'll get my top from Chris's room?" I said. Meanwhile, Alahna said goodbye to Marylou and Jimmy. I went with Chris to his room and closed the door. "Your parents are so heartwarming" I said smiling "yeah they're the best" he said. My phone rang, Tyler texts "hey is everything okay? Why don't you answer?" Oh, I completely forgot to answer. "Tyler?" Chris asked "mhm" I said and put my phone away again. "Don't you want to answer him?" He asked with a raised eyebrow "no, not now, he can wait." I said and Chris giggled briefly. I turned my back to Chris and reached for my top "do you still love him?" Chris asked. I've been asking myself this question all the time. "I don't know." I said, turning to him. It was quiet between me and Chris. "I don't know what I'm feeling anymore" I said and sat down on his bed, my eyes became glassy and Chris noticed. He knelt down in front of me and put his hand on my arm. "It's okay to not know what you're feeling sometimes" he said. "It's just, I don't know, there's just so much on my mind and I don't know what's right and wrong, Tyler and Rachel are always mad at me. Things have changed." I said "Phases pass. Soon you'll see everything more clearly" he encouraged me. "How can it be that you always have the right words" I smiled and he smiled back. "Alahna and Matt are waiting" I said and stood up. Chris ran out the door behind me. I went to thank his parents for dinner and to say goodbye, Chris was in the kitchen with me. His parents gave me a warm hug. "It was nice that you were here, Megan. I hope you come with me more often when Alahna is there" said his mom. "Come home safely" said his dad. "I will" I smiled. "Bye" I said to both of them and turned around "Bye Chris" I said and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and then quickly went outside. Wait, what did I do? In front of your parents, ohh Megan.

 Wait, what did I do? In front of your parents, ohh Megan

🌹🪩💋

Liked by Chris, Tyler, Alahna and 376 more

Tyler - most beautiful girl ever
Nick - Fire 🔥
Alahna - hot asf
+ 57 comments

We were sitting in the car when I posted the picture on Instagram. I kept scrolling until I saw Chris posted one too, holy...

 I kept scrolling until I saw Chris posted one too, holy

😸😸😸
Liked by you, Rachel, Nick and 289 more

Nick - close your mouth
↳ Alahna - 😭 Nick
Megan - 😳😳
↳ Chris - thinking the same
+ 87 comments

Nick's comment made me laugh. "Did you see Nick's comment too?" laughed Alahna "yeah" I said giggling. Nick is just hilarious. Matt dropped us off at home and before we got out I said to him "tomorrow make sure Chris wakes up on time" I said laughing. "I promise," he said, giggling. "You better do it, otherwise we'll look for other drivers," Alahna said teasingly. "Drive carefully!" I said to Matt and he drove away.

After Alahna and I put on our sports clothes, we crossed paths with the triplets at the sports field. "I hope we don't have to walk three laps around this stupid sports field again today. Chris, Matt and I giggled "stop laughing, Nick is right" Alahna said. I love how Nick and Alahna's energy always matches. Tyler came over briefly, strange that he would do that, otherwise he always waits until the others have left. "Hey, come over tonight. I have something for you" he smiled. "Yeah, sure," I said, a little surprised. "Good," he said and left. When he was out of earshot Alahna mocked him "I have something for you" I nudged her elbow and Chris giggled in response to what she said and I nudge him in the side too "hey" he said. "Then stop" I said more seriously. "Chill" he said and Nick and Matt giggled.