Chapter 24

My grandfather drove us to the lake. It was the day after the hot tub night. I was pretty tired in the morning, Chris and I were awake forever that night. By now it was already midday and Ellis made us snacks and food for the lake. We were all sitting in the car, the others were talking and I looked out the window, the landscape always grabs me. I love it here, I am connected to this place, if I could I would live here. Alahna on the other hand loves Boston, don't get me wrong, Boston is my home, I love it, but this, it's different. The landscape flew by and before I knew it the car stopped. "Then have a great day, you 5" said my grandpa. We said goodbye to him and grabbed the stuff we had with us. "It's beautiful here" said Alahna and left first. We spread out the blanket, put our stuff on it and changed. "You look so tired?" Matt said to me "I am" I laughed. "How long were you up?" he asked. "Maybe 4am" I said "what have you two been doing for so long" laughed Nick. "We had a lot to talk about" said Chris and grinned at me, he knows full well that it wasn't just talking. I waited until the others were finished and then went to the lake with Matt. "I think it's pretty cold." I said "I won't go first" he said to me and looked at me. "Too late" said Nick and threw Matt in. "Nick!!" Matt and I shouted together and he landed in the water. "Don't you dare" I said, holding out both my hands. I was just concentrating on Nick, which is why I didn't notice Chris. And suddenly I landed next to Matt. "Chris!!" I screamed. "It's so cold" I said and ran both hands over my face. Matt and I sat lost in the water. "Are you coming too or do you just wanna look stupid?" asked Matt. Chris, Nick and Alahna then also got into the water. We swam further into the middle of the lake. It was incredibly beautiful, the surroundings are fantastic. We all had a lovely time together at this lake. We splashed each other with water like little children, Nick, Chris and Matt dunked each other under the water, I sat on Alahna's shoulders like when we were little kids. It was like the old days, only with the triplets. Back on the blanket we all dried ourselves off and ate the snacks Ellis gave us. "What do we want to do when we get back to Boston?" asked Nick "maybe we can go to the pier, there's still the fair" said Matt "Mom and Dad, go to the Somerville fair" said alahna, I completely forgot , there are all the residents of Somerville "We'll see you there then" said Chris. That means I'll also see Rachel, Tyler and their families. Back then I always spent the evening with them, now I spend it with the triplets, crazy.

"Look who's coming" said Alahna and gave me that look "oh no, not those idiots" I said and grabbed our stuff. "Who are they?" Nick asked, and Matt looked at him, waiting. "Jack and Ethan" said Alahna, "probably the most self-absorbed, conceited and unpleasant fuckboys the universe has ever seen. You'll see it straight away" I said. Ethan and Jack, Alahna and I hate them, but here they come with their weird ass friends. "Megan and Alahna" said Ethan "and who are you?" Jack said to the triplets. "Just go away" I said. "Oh Megan, you used to be nicer, which of them is Tyler?" asked Ethan. "None of them" I said. Ethan was into me, I don't know if he still is, but I rejected him "ohh a little bitch move, three at once, I don't think Tyler likes that" Ethan said. "What the fuck, fuck off Ethan." Alahna said. "yea, it's better if you go now Ethan" I said "lemme talk to your friends Megan" said Jack. "What's up bro, what's your name" Jack said and shook their hands. The three introduced themselves. "Where are you from?" asked Ethan "Boston probably, like Alahna and Megan" said Jack and the three nodded. "Let me guess Chris, Megan is into you" Ethan said "what?" Chris asked, "what I said" Ethan said. "No, she's not" said Chris, I looked at him and he looked at me "but you're into her?" Jack said with a dirty grin. "No" I said, "then you don't mind if I try it on her tomorrow night" said Ethan. Before Chris could say anything I said "in your dreams Ethan, dare and speak to me only once tomorrow" I said angrily. I walked past him and the others followed behind. "I don't know who I find weirder" said Matt "oh Matt, they're both idiots, they had something with Jack's girlfriend's cousin last year, both of them" said Alahna "both?!" said Chris and Nick shocked and Matt shook laughing the head.

"Come on Megan, you came to the barn festival with us every year" my grandpa said as we sat at the dinner table. "Yeah but Jack and Ethan are so annoying. I hate them" I said. "Do it for me, okay Megan?" my grandpa said putting his hand on my arm and I nodded. I went outside to the others, they were sitting in the meadow where the little foal was with the herd. "What does he say?" Alahna asked "that I used to always be at the party and now I should just go with you" I said "it won't be that bad, we're there" said Nick "you're right" and sat me down. "Tomorrow is our last day" said Alahna "it was beautiful
" she added "it's the complete opposite of Boston, I understand why you like it here so much Megan" said Matt and I smiled.

 "Tomorrow is our last day" said Alahna "it was beautiful " she added "it's the complete opposite of Boston, I understand why you like it here so much Megan" said Matt and I smiled

🏞️💚🐎
Liked by Alahna, Nick, Ethan and 408 others

Nick - Mr. ✨
Chris -  ❤️
Alahna - dream team since day one ✨❤️
Matt - perfect picture ❤️
+ 57 more

"Why did Ethan like my picture" I laughed as we all lay in the same room that evening, all squished together on Alahna's bed. "Show me" she said and handed her my phone. "Do you think he's still into you?" Did she say "he was into you?" Nick asked and I nodded. "That guy is so weird" Chris said. "Who's the older one?" Matt asked "Jack" Alahna and I said at the same time. "Alahna once had something with Jack" I blurted out "MEGAN" she said loudly "sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry" I said a thousand times and laughed "why didn't I know?" Nick said shocked. "It wasn't anything serious" she said, caught. "Mhm sure?" I said teasingly "Megan shut up" Alahna said and threw her pillow at me, Chris and Matt laughed and Chris took the pillow from my face. "Tell us everything Alahna" Nick said "we have only met a few times" she said "Secretly at night you forgot to add" I said giggling and knowing what was coming, I buried myself in Chris's arm and felt a pillow on me again "Megan I'm gonna kill you" she said "seems like you're embarrassed huh" said Chris "oh Chris shut up" said alahna. "We met a few times at night, but nothing more" she said, "and what happened to make you hate him so much?" Matt said. "Nothing, I didn't like him before or after, we only kissed a few times" she said. I looked at Chris who was looking at me, it had been 24 hours since we last kissed. "I mean he doesn't look bad" said alahna, "eww" I said and looked at her disgusted "have you seen that guy?" I said "Megan is right, there are more attractive guys out there" said Nick. "I mean, his blue eyes, they're beautiful" she said "Alahna, it's Jack stop" I said and she laughed. "And what about you two?" Matt asked, nodding to me and Chris and I "what do you mean?" I said nervously and looked briefly at Chris. "Has anything else happened between you lately?" Matt asked. Chris and I shook our heads "no" we both said. "Yeah sure" Nick laughed. "We decided to stay just friends" I said "Right" said Chris

Note 💗
april 8, 2024