chapter 26

I waited outside for them, as I know them they take ages again. I went to the round pan where twinkle is inside. I opened the gate and took a few steps in and closed the gate again. He came towards me and pressed his huge head directly into my body. "The vet says you're getting old fast now" I said "I don't want that" I said and stroked his forehead. "I wish I didn't have to fly home tomorrow" I said "we're going to this vintage market and when I get back my time is all yours my boy, I promise" I said. I heard footsteps coming towards us. It was Nick "come in" I said "no better not I'll wait outside" said Nick. I laughed briefly, typical Nick, is even afraid of birds. "Okay, then I'll come out to you" I laughed quietly. I walked with Nick a few steps towards the house. "Listen" Nick said and I nodded. "I love you Megan, you know that and nothing I have ever said towards you and chris is meant in a bad way." He said "I know Nick" I said "and no matter what you two say, I don't believe you. I think something is going on between you and that's good because I want to see my brother happy and you, you're my favorite person's sister, of course I want you to be happy. And if you are the reason why Chris is happy and he makes you happy too, that is more than perfect. So you can't lie to me, no matter how many times you try to assure us that there's nothing between you two, I don't believe you" he said with a smile.

"I'll pick you up in 3 hours okay?" Ellis said and we said goodbye. We walked through this market. It was pure Alahna's paradise. She pulled us all from stand to stand behind her and the fact that she still had money left at the end of the day surprised me as much as she bought. At some point we separated for a short time, Alahna wanted to move forward and I found something at a stand at the other end of the market. Chris came with me and our hands kept touching each other while running and then he intertwined our fingers. "What are we looking for?" He asked "I saw a little brown bag earlier. Somewhere at one of these stands" I said. We looked through the stalls until we found this bag. I lost sight of Chris for a moment, where is he now? I walked away from the stand and looked around. "Megan" he said and I turned around. "Do you mean this one?" And it was exactly what I wanted. I smiled across my face and nodded. I kissed him without thinking that anyone could see us. I moved away from him and he gave me the bag. "Thanks Chris" I smiled with a bit of tears in my eyes. I didn't expect that and it was such a sweet gesture. We went back in the direction where we had previously left Nick, Matthew and Alahna. The three of them should now be much further along than us. We walked slowly, holding hands and talking. "There they are," I said and we went to the other three and let go of our hands.

 "There they are," I said and we went to the other three and let go of our hands

with @christophersturniolo 🧸
Liked by you, Nick, Chris and 555 others

Alahna - perfect shopping companions 🥳
Megan - 😍😍
Nick - 😲😲
Chris - Dadas
+ 76 more

Back at the ranch we packed our bags for the next day. As always, I was the first to finish. Matt, Nick and Chris were discussing who packed Nick's sweater and Alahna struggled to close her suitcase "do you need help?" I asked "no it's okay" "okay I'll go outside" I said. I went straight to the stable to get Twinkle out of his box. He just ran after me to a large open meadow in front of the house. I let him run free there, sat on the meadow and looked at the mountains. Twinkle asked me to play by walking up to me and nudging me with his nose. We used to do that all the time when I was a child, it was similar to playing catch, he would chase after me, bucking and climbing on his hind legs, but always cautiously. I got up and ran forward,the mountains were in front of us, I kept making sudden changes in direction and he ran after me. I'll miss that, and especially I'll miss it if he's gone. When the energy decreased again and calm returned, he came up to me and I stroked his big head. I turned around and saw Chris and immediately had a smile on my face. I walked towards him and the horse ran after me. "Hey" I said, tucking my hair behind my ear. "What are you doing here?" I asked him "I was finished and wanted to check on you" he said with a laugh and briefly stroked Twinkle's forehead. "What time is it?" I asked him "4pm" he said "okay so we still have 4 hours to get ready" I said and he nodded. "I wanted to go for a walk, are you coming with me?" I asked him smiling "okay" he said. "Okay" I smiled.

We went towards the mountains, to a river that ran there. "No way that horse is like a dog" he laughed. Because twinkle ran free and didn't run away and listened to what was said to him no matter what. "He's special" I said. "Like you" Chris said and I smiled "You're an idiot" I said and looked at him, he smiled. "Nick talked to me this morning" I said "what did he say" asked Chris "that he doesn't believe us that there's nothing going on between us and that he wants us both to be happy together" I told him, who grinned and shook his head. "I mean it's Nick and you can't hide anything from him forever" he laughed. "I noticed" I smiled. Chris came closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I put my arms around his neck and before he kissed me he grinned cheekily. Our lips moved perfectly together, pressing me to him "that picture of you and Matt, you look so hot" I whispered and continued kissing him, his hand wiping up my side and two fingers gently under my top. One of my hands slid down his neck to his chest. He grinned into the kiss and I did the same.

Note 💗
April 9, 2024