Chapter 14

We all sat on the hospital beds that were in the room, Nick and Alahna sat to Matt's left and Chris and I to Matt's right. "I'm sorry I wasn't there in time," Matthew said. "Oh Matt, don't say that," I said sadly. "I'm glad nothing worse happened to you" I said, trying to smile reassuringly. "But tell me, what was going on?" he asked. "Do you really want to talk about this now? We can talk about it at another time" I said. "I want to know now Megan" he said.
"Okay, today is Tyler's and my first anniversary and I forgot" I said. "He screamed at me, I was really afraid of him. He assumed that I was cheating on him because I only hang out with you guys" I said. "Okay, I mean, I understand he's mad, but that mad? Come on" said Matt.
"What about you two now? Do you think you're still together?" Alahna asked. "I don't know"
"I mean you screamed in his face that you hated him" she said "I know and I feel bad" I said. "But I don't just want to talk about me. Matt, what happened, do you remember it?" I asked. "I don't know, I remember your call, I immediately ran out of my room. Chris and Nick wanted to come with me but I told them to stay home, the next thing I remember I was standing at the traffic light and when the light turned green I drove off and someone slammed into my driver's door and then everything went black" he said. "Have you seen the car?" asked Nick, shaking his head weakly. "I'm sure the police will find that bastard" Chris said. Someone knocked on the door, it was my parents. "Hey, we brought you clothes" my mom said and my dad came after her "and food" he said and came with pizza boxes. "Hey," I said and stood up to take the bags from my mom's hands. "We also have your things with us," she said to Nick, Chris and Matt. "Your mom is so tired, it was just a big shock for her. That's why we bring you your things" she said. This is so cute. My mom went to Matt and hugged him. "How are you?" she asked "my head hurts but everything is okay" he said. "I have your laptop with me Alahna, then you can watch a movie" my dad said and held out her laptop to her. "Come on, I'll help you push the beds together so you can have a better look" said I and with Nick and Chris we took the two beds to Matt's.
"We also brought you pizza, drinks and snacks, cozy blankets and pillows too" said my mom. It was so sweet, she wanted us all to be happy and comfortable.

When my parents left, we made everything comfortable, Alahna went out of the hospital's large bathroom, Nick went into the other bathroom that was in Matt's room. Matt looked at Alahna's laptop which was watching a film. I dug my sleeping clothes out of my bag. Chris did the same thing, except he picked out Matt's clothes and put them on his bed. When Alahna came back, I started walking. The evening was so fucked up and the worst in my life. I somehow still blame myself for everything that happened even though no one else blamed me for it. I washed my face and brushed my teeth, changed my clothes, then put my hair in a bun. "What are you doing here?" I asked as I turned to the door. "Checking on you" Chris said. "That's sweet" I said and he smiled.
"How are you?" I asked him. "I'm glad Matt is fine, so I'm fine too" he said with a small smile. "I'm so glad nothing worse happened" I said, packing my stuff into a small bag. "Do you want to talk about what happened with Tyler?" he asked. "I don't know what to say" I said "what happened, you were so mad at him" he said.
"I wanted to tell him everything, Chris, everything I did, but I couldn't." I didn't dare, he wasn't the Tyler I know. He freaked out, he yelled at me. I was so scared of him." I said "like Matt said, I understand why he's mad but freaking out like that is crazy" he said and then added "do you really hate him? I mean he's your boyfriend" , he said. "I don't think I love him anymore, Chris, but I don't hate him either. I was angry and I still am, but I don't hate him" I said. "Chris?" I asked "yeah?" "Now can you answer me why you kissed me back?" I asked, he smiled briefly. "Why do you want to know that? The more important question is, why did you kiss me?" he asked and he was right, the question was more important, but I wanted to know for myself why he kissed me. "Answer my question first, then I'll answer yours. So why did you kiss me back Chris?" I asked. "I thought you were cute" he said "and that's it? The only reason?" I asked more specifically, "No, when you kissed me, I would never have been able to forgive myself if I hadn't kissed you back. And I don't regret it, even if the situation wasn't the right one. Now it's your turn "Why did you kiss me Megan?" "The moment I looked at you I demanded it. I wanted to know how you felt. I wanted to know who you are" I said. "Cute" he said "not funny Chris, I'm serious. I had no idea that you would come into my life at some point and change everything. You were always just my sister's friend, with the triplet brothers that she told me about every night. You were the one my best friend was into, the one she told me everything about. And when you were finally present in my life, I wanted to know who you are." I said, pausing for a moment and then saying, "On the first day of school, when we first talked in the car, I thought you were funny and when I saw that we had classes together, I wanted nothing more than to get Rachel and you together, the way we laughed in history class, the way you looked at me in gym class. On homecoming night when I was talking to Tyler and you came, I couldn't listen to him anymore, you came around and I just wanted to be with you. I don't know Chris, it felt different. Every time Rachel talked about you it bothered me, I could feel it in my whole body. When you stood in front of me, I couldn't help it, i had to kiss you and since then, nothing felt the same with Tyler. It was you I always thought about. And when we were talking in your room on Friday night, I wish we had kissed again" I blurted it all out.. should I really have said all that? Oh God, what if he laughs at me now. What have I done? "I'm sorry" I said quietly. "you don't have to. "You're so cute Megan." he said and came closer to me. I looked up at him, he is so handsome. I watched every detail on his face, everything was so perfect. "do it Chris, please" I whispered, he grinned and didn't need to be told twice. His lips crashed into mine. One hand reached between my hair and the other held me firmly on my hip. My hands touched every part of his neck, touching his hair, tangling in it, our bodies colliding. He stopped briefly, I felt his breathing on my skin, he licked his lips and then kissed me again, this time slower and more passionately. He pushed me with my lower back against the sink. His fingers slipped an inch under my shirt, which brought goosebumps all over my body. His kiss felt so good. He leaned his forehead against mine, his breath hitting my skin, and he moved away a little so he could look into my eyes. "I can't stop thinking about you Megan" he said. With my hands still on his neck, I pulled him down and pressed my lips to his. His fingers caressed my skin very gently. We moved away from each other. "We've been gone for far too long" I said and looked into his eyes. "Afraid that someone will notice?" he grinned cheekily. "You're really funny Christopher" I said, pretending to be serious.

Note 💗
March 17, 2024