Chapter 18

They looked at us in shock, I didn't want them to find out like that. Before anyone could say anything, I ran between them, ran into the house, grabbed my things and ran past them again. "I'm sorry," I said and ran home. "Megan!!" Chris called out, but I only heard Nick and Matthew stop him. "See ya" Alahna called out to them and ran after me "Megan wait" she said and tried to catch up with me.

When I got home, I ran past my parents and straight into my room, but my door didn't close because Alahna caught it. I threw myself into my bed and cried. Alahna gently closed the door behind her and slowly came into my bed. She leaned her back against the bed and pulled her arms around me. I cried, she gently stroked my head and held me. She leaned her head on my "shh" she said hoping I would calm down, she kissed my hair gently and then leaned her cheek against my head again. "Calm down Megan" she said quietly, and I shook my head. I couldn't calm down. I lost everyone who is important to me. Even though I don't love Tyler anymore, I never should have hurt him. Nothing has ever broken me as much as Rachel's words, but I get it. If I were her, I would be hurt too and say something like that. "Do you wanna talk to me about it?" She asked quietly, I nodded. She pulled a blanket over us, made us comfortable and then hugged me again in her arms. I lay with my head on her torso and her head resting on mine. "so you like chris huh?" She said quietly. "I ruined everything, Alahna" I said. "No you didn't" she tried to calm me down. "start from the beginning" she said. "You heard everything" I said and stared into space. "Come on Megan" she said and continued to stroke my head. "First, Chris was just one of your best friends, he always was. I didn't even know the triplets, but something in me wanted to be close to him" I said. "Even when I was with Tyler, I always thought about Chris" I said "that's not your fault Megan, you don't choose your feelings" she said. I continued to cry and buried my head in her sweater. "I destroyed your whole group because I love him" I cried. Was I even aware of what I was saying? "Megan, nothing is broken, none of us could ever hate you. Matt, Nick and Chris love you, they love when you're around us, when you're with us and when we all spend time together." Then she paused for a moment "does chris know about your feelings for him?" I shook my head, crying hard. "Oh Megan, he really did something to you" she said and stroked my head, pressed it closer to her and rested hers on mine, we stayed like that for a short time until I finally calmed down. "Thank you Alahna" I whispered.

Alahna pov:

Megan fell asleep on me. It had been a long time since we had such an emotional conversation. I feel so sorry for her, she just doesn't deserve this. I was surprised at what was going on between her and Chris. I never expected this. I really thought she and Tyler would be a forever thing, but I guess I was wrong. While she was sleeping I picked up my phone and texted Nick

Nick 🐥

Hey, have you talked to Chris?

Yeah, what about Megan? Can I call you?

Yes, I'll tell you everything

Nick called me, Matt was with him and I tried to be quiet. "Hey, what did he say?" I asked "why are you whispering?" Nick asked me "Megan fell asleep" I said "okay" he said. Matt started talking "shortly after you left, Chris went into his room. We tried to talk to him, but we really had to force it out of him" "yeah me too with Megan" I said "I never expected that the two of them would, well you know, like each other in that way " said Nick "yeah same" I replied "yes, I didn't before either, but now when you think about it and know it, it somehow fits with the two of them" said Matt.
"I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you, but quickly and completely crying, she blurted out that she loves him. Keep it to yourself" I said "whaaaat?" Said Nick "Chris didn't say it, but I'm sure he feels that way too" Matt said. "We need to get these two talking." Nick said. "Alright, I'll talk to Chris and you talk to Megan. Maybe this will help" I said. "We can try" Matt said. "Okay, see you tomorrow" I said "See ya" they both said and then the call hung up.

Shortly after the call, our parents came into Megan's room. "Is everything okay with her?" My mom asked "I don't know, she's completely exhausted" I said. "Because of a boy?" She asked with a sad encouraging smile "yes" I said. "Because of Chris?" my dad asked. "How do you know?" Asked he. "Thursday morning I drove him home after he spent the night here" he said with his coffee in his hand. "You didn't tell me" my mom said, turning her head to him.
"I promised her I'd keep it to myself." My dad said. He is the best. "Those two would be cute together" my mom said, "I only accept him because we've known him for a long time." My dad said jokingly. "I'll bring you food upstairs in 5 minutes." My mom said. "Thanks mom." I said

Megan pov:

"Megan, wake up, mom brought food." Alahna woke me up gently. I rubbed my eyes sleepily and sat up. "Did I sleep long?" I asked "half an hour" she said "ohh" I said and reached for my plate. "Wanna watch grown ups?" Alahna smiled at me, she is the best. She would do anything to cheer me up, she is always there when I need her, my big sister. I grinned and she turned on the laptop. Meanwhile we ate spaghetti that our mom cooked, we laughed and by the time the movie was over it was already late. "Can you stay here?" I asked her "sure" she smiled. "But I'll quickly get my pajamas" she said and went to her room. I also put on some comfortable clothes and went back to bed. Alahna came back, turned off the light and lay down next to me. "Matt and Nick would like to talk to you tomorrow" she said "okay" I said. "Thank you for always being there for me, Alahna" I whispered. "Of course, you are my little sister and I love you" I love you too Alahna, goodnight" I said "goodnight Megan" she said and we both turned the other way.

Note 💗
March 28, 2024