7

「★」

「★」

"What? A quirk assesment test?" like half the class asks out loud in sync, and you get a chill down your spine at how eerie that is.

"But we're gonna miss orientation!" a particularly pink cheeked girl complains.

Still facing away from everyone, your teacher scolds her for her statement and explains how he's just gonna do whatever.

"All your lives, you've been taking standardized tests, but you've never got to use your quirks in physical tests before. The country is still trying to act like we're all created equal and not letting those with the most power exel. It isn't rational.

"Bakugo, you just barely got the most points-" you poke your best friend and he smacks your hand gently. "what was your farthest distance thrown when you were in middle school?"

"67 meters I think."

The teacher prompts him to try with his quirk and to just stay in the little white circle painted into the ground.

He tosses it with a loud boom, letting his quirk push the ball far far away. 702.2 meters. Aizawa then states that the last placed student will be expelled, and you can tell he isn't lying but isn't telling the truth. You don't say anything though.

The brown haired girl stupidly tires to retaliate agian, and you roll your eyes at her sense of justice and her annoyingly high pitched voice.

The teacher says something about 'plus ultra' and you gag a little in your mouth. Why people think they sound cool saying it, you have no clue- and he had such a mood going too.

The first test is a 50 meter run. Because of the uneven class number, you're paired with a pink girl and a belly button sparkle dude.

You win pretty easily, and you wonder why the pink girl didn't use her quirk. You end up with 4.15 seconds, she gets around five and you don't focus on the guy's.

The second test is grip strength, and you do quite a bit over average, even though your quirk can't help you.

You're pretty much doomed for the standing long jump, but you make it around two-thirds of the way.

Repeated side steps, you're average. The same for the ball throw, and it's obvious your strengths lay in stamina rather than stuff like that.

The green haired kid gets humiliated and you try not to laugh before feeling eyes on you. You turn slowly and make eye contact with a spying All Might. You wave awkwardly and he scoots away without a returned greeting.

You feel a twitch from your right, and you look over to see your best friend raging. It's in his character but you don't exactly know why he's doing it right now. You hear sparks come from his hands and honestly become disinterested as Katsuki runs up to the kid, eyes going back to your nails.

You do pretty heavenly at the toe-touches and the sit ups especially, making your score go higher. The long distance run feels like a breath of fresh air, and you enjoy being able to just run and pace yourself.

Ultimately, you place tenth and you're pretty happy with your score seeing as your quirk is almost a drawback is scenarios like these.

"And I lied, no one's going home."

Everyone gasps and you just smirk, looking over at your teacher. He looks at all of your reactions, and when his eyes meet yours you mouth to him: 'Change your mind?'

His wicked grin grows somehow and he nods discreetly at you, although it catches the attention of a particular over thinking boy with white and red hair.

「★」