34

The rest of the internship is mostly you working out your legs and doing as hawks said, trying to make your mirrors reappear faster. Theres not much to do with a broken arm.

You improve by 0.2 seconds and want to throw yourself against a window.

Tokoyami's getting the absolute brunt of the training though, mostly just being thrown around by the pro, who you've come to learn is really bad at describing what to improve on.

Or you're just goofing off at restaurants, signing autographs and getting pictures with people excited for your debut as a pro.

And getting cake pops from that boba shop- they were really good.

On the final day, you give Hawks a big squeeze goodbye, promising to text him when you're home safe.

"Text?" Tokoyami questions as you let go of the winged man.

You nod. "Yeah, thats what I said?"

"Oh." he sulks. "I didn't recieve his phone number..."

He gets a pat on the back while you get just one more hug, hopping on the train.

You sleep all the way, Tokoyami rolling his eyes everytime your snore, resisting the urge to smack you upside the head. When you wake up, you yap to him about nothing of importance, teasing him about being a bird brain and shit.

And finally, after a day of hanging out with your dad and shopping for a bit, you head back to school for a new pair of earings and a broken arm.

You walk into the classroom, later than most others again, and the first person who catches your eye is-

"Shojiiii!!!" you grin widely, waving with your uninjured right arm.

The boy turns to you, and his eyes immediately go wide at your state. "[Name] what happened-??"

"Oh I broke my arm. Tee hee."

"TEE HEE-??"

"[Nameeee]!!!!"

You smile widely as Mina hugs your good side. "Ughhh I missed you so much!!! Why did you leave me for so longgggg."

"I missed you too pookie bear!!"

Sero's jaw drops. "[Name] are you a homo?!?"

"Probably- never really thought about it." you shrug, Ashido still cuddled into your shoulder and neck.

Denki sneaks aroud your other side to cuddle you too, only to gasp loudly when he notices the sling. "WHO DID THIS TO YOUUUU??!?!?"

"Don't worry about it baby just gimme a hugggg." you whine, covering up the fact you forgot the "reason" the police chief gave you.

Shoto, Iida and Izuku all deadpan at your excuse.

"Oh yeah, you were with the hero killer too, huh?" Sero points out, leading the coversation back over to the boys.

Kaminari accidentally calls the hero killer cool and you some sense into him.

Iida goes on about how his motives lead him down a bad path, and you decide to but in.

"Honestly? Dude had a point. I'm actually a great example- I'm totally in it for the money and fame, and as long as I have that, whether I die on the job or whatever doesn't really matter cause I'll die loadedddd! But still, my main concern going into this wasn't ever anything noble. I'm still gonna learn how to do my best at this job- but that's only 'cause it'll make me more money. If it didn't I wouldn't be as concered. Some people are genuinely heros, while others aren't. He has a point in that sense, I guess. He's still a douche though. That bitch broke my arm for fucks sake!!"

Everyone just kind of looks at you weird before Freckles speaks up. "W-wait- that's why you wanted to become a hero?!?!"

"FUCK YEAH IMMA BE RICH-"

「★」