17

「★」

「★」

You side eye the crowd gathered around your classroom.

"Look's like we got fans y'all."

Everyone starts to question the students outside before Katsuki speaks up, walking over to you as you latch onto his arm. "They're scouting out the competition idiots. We're the class that survived a real villain attack. They wanna see us with their own eyes."

You smirk. "I would want to see me with my own eyes too if I were them."

Bakugo steps up to the door, facing the large crowd directly. You stay right beside him, winking at a particularly cute guy in the corner. of the group.

"At least you know what a real future pro looks like. Now move it extras."

"So this is class 1-A. I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an ass."

You gasp at the familiar voice. "Shinsooo!!!"

He stops his rant for a moment as you join him by his side with a hug, shocking basically everyone close enough to see.

"You know you're excluded from everything bad I'm about to say, right?" he asks, and you nod, grabbing his phone from his pocket so you can play crossy road.

"Is everyone in the hero course delusional, or just you? I'm sad to come here and find a bunch of ego maniacs.

"I wanted to be in the hero course, but like many others here I was forced to choose a different track. Such is life. I didnt cut it the first time around, but I have another chance. If any of us do well in the sports festival, the teachers can decide to transfer us the hero course. Meaning they'll have to transfer people out to make room."

Your class gasps, all shocked at the idea of being transfered out of their position.

Shinso continues. "Scouting the competition? Maybe some of my peers are, but I'm here to let you know that I'll do my best and steal a spot from right under you. Consider this a declaration of war."

"Oooh!" you giggle. "Do I get to be your hostage?"

Shinso sighs at you ruining his dramatic moment, but agrees. "And [Name]'s my hostage."

You smile and laugh as Bakugo calls out the unimportant people for being unimportant and give Shinso a quick peck on the cheeck before following after your bestie.

「★」