2: Interview (EDITED)

I wake up at eight in the morning and get up out of bed, and go to the kitchen to make something. 

I poured some water into a kettle, and placed it over a burner on the stove. While my water was boiling, I heard my phone ring loud and clear. I jumped as I rushed to pick it up.

"Hello?" I ask, heart pounding, hoping that it's one of the jobs.

"Good morning, this is Wanda from Fritas Incorporated. I have noticed that you put in an application for us and we think that you are an outstanding applicant." A female's voice says. I put my phone on speaker, as I am processing everything that she is saying.

"Really?" I ask, hopeful.

"Yes! So I was wondering if you can come in for an interview."  

"Sure! When?." I respond.

"Today at 3 pm is the open slot."  She says.

"Okay, that sounds perfectly fine. Thank you so much!" I ecstatically say.

"No problem! See you then. Bye." And with that, she hangs up on me. I blow out a sigh, I can't believe that I already got my first interview. It was really in the span of a night too.

I glance at the newspaper on the counter. Feeling very motivated, maybe I should call the other place and see if I can place an interview. So I dial the number and let it ring.

"Hello, this is Jamie from Smith enterprise. How can I be of service to you this morning?" This time, this was a male on the other end. And just by telling of his voice, I think he's gay. Not quite sure, but I think he is.

"Hi. I'm Elizabeth Ennis, and I'm calling to know if I can get a job interview. Perhaps as soon as possible." I say, as I turn off the stove, and grab a mug from the cupboards.

"Alright Ms. Ennis. Looks like we're busy all week and all afternoon today. So the only available spot we have is at ten this morning. Is that okay?" He asks.

"Yeah. Perfect." I lie. No it's not. Here I'm standing making tea in my pajamas when I have my first interview at ten!

"Okay, see you soon then." Jamie didn't give me time to respond since he hung up on me. Which I was fine with, knowing that I have little time to get ready.

It's already eight thirty, and I need to hop in the shower, straighten my hair out, get dressed, and apply some makeup on. That's a lot to do in an hour.

So I forget the idea of having tea, as I run to my bathroom and start up my shower. I go to my room and grab my comb and hairbrush as I go back to the bathroom and hop inside the warm water.

Once I was done, I hop out and dry myself off and lather myself with some lotion. I blow dry my hair and quickly flat iron it. I then leave my bathroom, and go back to my room and get dressed.

I put on a tight black skirt with a royal blue blouse. I pull on pantyhose and quickly put my heels on. I run back to the bathroom and applied some eyeliner and mascara. I didn't need to put on blush since my cheeks already have a natural hint of red to them. I then put on some pink gloss and put my hair up into a bun.

Once I was done, I practically ran out of my apartment with my coat, purse and keys.

With some help with Google from my phone, I made it to my first interview in ten minutes.

I got out of my car, and entered the tall skyscraper. I don't know which floor I'm supposed to be on. I don't even know if this company owns the whole building.

So I just asked a random stranger. She told me where I was supposed to go. I was supposed to report to the seventh floor so I went on the elevator.