15: Cotton Candy and Lies

Today is Sunday, meaning Coney Island day.  Since Stella and the girls are going to pick me up around six-thirty, I got up an hour earlier. 

I hopped into the shower and cleansed myself down.  I made sure that all of my unwanted hair was shaved off alongside with washing my hair.  Once I got out, I went into my dresser to find a bathing suit.  I only had one.  It was a stringy black two piece bikini.  I grab it and pull on the bottoms and tie the top on around my neck-I hope I'm not the only one with a bikini like this. 

I put on a pair of jean shorts and a loose white tee.  I'm surprised for late September that it's still pretty warm outside.  It usually isn't.  I pack up a tote bag and put in all of my essential needs in there, such as a towel, sunscreen, change of clothes, etc. 

Since I'm probably going to get into the water, I decide not to put on makeup except for the water proof mascara which I apply on lightly. 

After I was ready dress wise, I make prepare myself a bagel and sit down on the couch and turn the tv on.  To my dismay though, there was a lingerie commercial on and the main model was Vianna.  She was showcasing a black lingerie set and just seeing her body on tv makes me feel a little insecure about my own body.  Everything about her physically is perfect. 

I switch the channel to the news and they're talking about politics.  Although that I'm not really interested, I decide to just settle in on it. 

I finish up my bagel and see that it's six twenty-five.  Perfect.  I turn the tv off and gather up my belongings and sit back down on the couch.  My phone buzzes and it's an unknown number.  Hesitantly, I accept the call.

"Hello?"  I warily ask. 

"This is Robert Pines from Pines Incorporated, am I speaking to Ms. Elizabeth Ennis?"  His demanding voice asks.  I didn't know what to say.  I can't believe that I'm actually on the line with Robert. 

"Y-Yes.  This is she."  I croak, clearing my throat. 

"I saw that you were interested in a job opening for my company as personal assistant."  He says, deep voice ringing in my ear. 

"That's correct."  I respond, thinking back to yesterday when I was looking for job openings on Google.

"Well, you'll need to drop by and get an application from my receptionist and then I'll try and see if I can schedule you an interview."  He explains. 

"Okay."  I reply back.  And then without my knowing, he hangs up on me.  Well damn. 

I'm not sure what Robert Pines looks like, but just telling by his voice, this guy is intimidating.  So while I have some spare time before Stella and them pick me up, I quickly Google Robert Pines. 

Just like Mr. Smith, Robert has a whole bunch of news articles and images about him.  Pines Incorporated is the second most successful company in New York next to Smith Enterprise.  Maybe that's why Robert seems to hate his guts.  But Robert isn't that far behind Smith Enterprise with the ratings.  He's only five percent back. 

Before I can look into it some more, my doorbell rang and I sprung up, and opened the door.  Stella was standing on my steps with a huge smile on her face.

"Hey!  Ready for Coney?"  She asks eagerly.  Stella's excitement becomes contagious as it rubs onto me and makes me excited.

"Yeah!  Let's go."  I say, grabbing my house keys and locking up my apartment. 

Taylor and Jessica were waiting in the back seat of Stella's Mercedes as I opened the door to the passenger seat and got in, closing the door behind me.  Stella has a really nice car and the interior is made out of beige leather seats climate controlled seats.  Fancier than my red mini.