71: Harvest Charity Ball-Pt. 1

The rest of the week flew by pretty smoothly.  Nothing new popped up.  There were a couple of meetings at work, nice conversations that Adam and I would have, and Carly is starting to talk to Shawn. But now it's October twenty-fifth which means it's the night of the charity ball...well more of a gala really.

I stand in my room, staring at the red dress that Adam bought me along with the shoes. I swear, as each day progresses, I'm beginning to feel a strong attachment to him. And maybe the word is love—? I gasp as I sit down on my bed, my heart racing a mile a minute. Do I love him? I think back to everything we've been through, and how despite it all, I'm still with him and would never want to be with anyone else. I think I do love him...wait no, I know I love him.

"I...love Adam..." I whisper aloud to myself, trying the words out on my tongue. Just saying those words made me feel exhilarated and giddy all over. I jumped up in excitement as I open my bedroom door and shouted,

"I love Adam!"

"I already knew that!" I hear Carly shout from the other side of my place.

I take a moment to collect myself as I close my door and lean against it. Tonight will be the night where I pour out all of my feelings to him. I don't care if he doesn't reciprocate the same to me, but I'll still be happy that I know how I finally feel.

I go to my bathroom and turn the shower on. Making sure it's perfect temperature, I hop in. I think of different scenarios in where I would tell him how I would feel. Should I tell him as soon as he picks me up? Be all like, hey Adam I love you. I shake my head at that, that is way too abrupt and it will definitely catch him off guard. I should build up to it. Hopefully I will have a perfect chance to tell him how I feel.

I get out and wrap my hair in a towel and dry myself off with another. I moisturize my skin and head over to the red dress. I gently pick it up by the straps and love how silky it feels against my fingers. I gently put it on, as I look at myself in the mirror. I gasp of how beautiful it looks. As I predicted, it perfectly hugs my figure and it accentuates my butt with the open back. I notice a designed slit on the side for the purposes of showing off my thigh. I absolutely can't get over of how gorgeous this dress is. It's perfect.

I go back to the bathroom and take the towel off my hair so I can blow dry it. Once my hair was dried, I flat iron it to make it bone straight as I plan on wearing it out. I apply makeup and made sure that there weren't any mistakes. I need a flawless look.

As I was finishing up, I hear my phone chime as I leave the bathroom. I check it and smile, it's from Adam.

Adam: 5 minutes away

Me: Okay

I turn my phone off as I find some perfume and spritz some on my wrists and neck. I strap on my heels and find a clutch to match the dress.

I leave my room and find Carly sitting on the couch watching tv with her laptop resting on her lap.

She glances over at me and her jaw drops. "Oh my...you look very sexy."

"Thank you." I smile.

"Adam is gonna have a hard time keeping his eyes away from you." She adds on.

I couldn't help my face flushing as she said those words.  "I sure hope so."

Before she could say anything, there was a knock on my door.  Feeling the excitement rush through me, I hurry to the door and open it.  But instead of Adam being on the other side, it was Frank.

"Oh," I say, making sure my face doesn't look disappointed, "hey Frank."

"Good evening Miss.  You look very lovely tonight, are you ready to leave?"  He asks.