4: Mistakes

We all headed back to the building and got on the elevator.  They got off on the seventh while I got off on the eighth.  I headed to my desk and sat down on my chair and began checking my email.

    Mr. Smith suddenly appeared in front of me with a scowl plastered on his face.  What was it now?  I look up at him, not sure what's about to happen.

    "Where were you?"  He asks through his teeth.  I wasn't sure what I was supposed to say, but I answered anyway.

     "Um lunch."  I tentatively say.  He runs a hand through his hair, messing it up a bit.  His scowl becomes an icy glare which he shoots at me.

    "What did I tell you before?"  He growls.  At first, I didn't know what he meant.  But then I thought back earlier what he told me.

    "You told me not to go out to lunch until I was finished."  I said to him. 

     "Exactly.  Now why did you ignore my order?"  He asks.

     "Because I was finished with all of the paperwork."  I mumble.  He gives me a look of disbelief.

     "No you're not!"  He exclaims.  I jump a little but nod my head still.

      "Yes I did.  Here I'll show it all to you."  I say, logging back on into the computer.  He walks over behind my chair, peering over my shoulder.  He was so close that I can smell is cologne on him. I showed him all of the documents into their organized files.  I heard him sigh in frustration.

     "You didn't send it to me."  He says more calmly as he walks away from my desk from disappointment.  My face went red of embarrassment as I realized that I forgot to send it to him. 

     "I am so sorry.  I forgot about that."  I say.  He shakes his head as he holds up a hand.

     "This is like what?  Your third mistake today?"  He rhetorically asks.  I didn't answer as I just stared at my hands that were laid in my lap.

     "Just...just make sure that you send it to me.  In fact, I want to watch you send it."  He heads behind my desk and stands next to my chair, peering over my shoulder again.  I open one of the folders to find his email address.  I then go to my Gmail and type in his work address and send it to him.  Once it finished sending, I turned around to look up at him.

     He looked down at me, saying nothing for a moment.  Then he stepped away walking around my desk. 

    "Now that you've got all of that finished, come here, I've got some more work that I need you to do."  He says, beckoning me to his office.  I follow him, and watched him go to his file cabinet and go through it.  He looks so handsome with his face set so serious and I think it's turning me on.  Damn it.  Elizabeth, you can't think of your new boss that way.

     He took out another folder that didn't seem to have as much papers in it as the other two he gave me earlier. 

     "There was one problem with your interview yesterday."  He says, handing me the folder.  I look at him in alarm, scared on what he might say.

    "Which was..?"  I ask. 

    "You didn't fill out a resume for me.  I don't know anything about you except that you got fired from your former job. So I want you to fill out those papers and hand them to me when you're done.  This time, make sure that you are finished."  He instructs.  I nod my head as I leave his office and back to my desk.