10: Dress shopping alone

I went downstairs and see if anyone will like to go on a lunch break with me.  I really do hate eating alone when I'm in public places. 

I ask Stella and the girls if they will like to join me and they all agreed.  I asked Jamie as well so he won't feel left out, but he declined due to some intense work. 

Since we didn't really want to spend a lot of money on our lunch break, the girls and I all decided to settle on going to McDonald's. 

When we arrived, we all ordered big Macs and medium fries with a medium fountain drink.  I decided to get ice tea since their tea is so good and delicious. 

"So how's it going being Mr. Smith's personal assistant?"  Taylor asks me once we got settled in a booth next to a window.

"Personal secretary."  I corrected as I bit into a fry.  Taylor rolls her eyes as she takes a sip of her soda.

"Same thing." 

"Well if I'm going to be honest with you guys, then I almost got fired today."  I say, biting into my big Mac. 
They all carried shocked expressions on their faces.

"Really?  How?"  Jessica asks. 

And so I told them the whole story about how I was late to his meeting and how he had already warned me with threats that he was going to fire me if I messed up.  They all soaked in the story like sponges.

"Well to be fair, you guys did stay up late last night."  Stella points out. 

"Right!  But he didn't want to hear it."  I say.  I'm glad that I have people here who understand my side of the issue.

"But at least you're not fired."  Jessica remarks.  I nod my head and smile.

"Yeah I'm pretty grateful for that."  I say.

"Well don't get too comfortable with your position though.  We all know how Mr. Smith is and you've already seen his bad side."  Stella mentions.

"Yeah and the more you see his bad side the more likely for him to fire you."  Taylor says. 

"I think I learned my lesson."  I say. 

"Good, because we wouldn't to see you gone."  Stella smiles.

We all finished our lunch and headed back to the office.  The elevator dropped them off on their floor and dropped me off on my floor.

I went back to my desk and sat down.  What should I do next?  My phone vibrated and I pulled it out, seeing that it was Mr. Smith who texted me.

Mr. Smith: Are you done yet?

Me: Yes I just came back.

Mr. Smith: Okay, check my schedule for this week and next week for anymore meetings.

I go onto the computer and pull up Mr. Smith's schedule, and pick up my phone and text him.

Me: You don't have a meeting tomorrow, you've scheduled a brunch with a man named Anthony on Saturday, next week you have two meetings on Tuesday and Friday.

Mr. Smith: Okay.  You're coming with me to the  brunch on Saturday.  Dress nice.

Me: All right.

Mr. Smith: That'll be all for today Ms. Ennis.  You can leave.

I pack up my belongings and head out the massive building.  Even though that today is Thursday and the brunch isn't until Saturday, I still decide to go shopping for dresses.  I realize that all of my attire for work only consist of skirts and blouses.  And I only own two dresses.  One from my prom and the other from my college graduation.

I get in my car and drive down to Times Square.  I decide that I should probably go to Macy's and if I can't find anything there, then I should go to New York and Company.  That's a nice store. 

I park my car in a garage, and walk down to Macy's.  I go into their women's section for dresses and am ambushed with a bunch of different varieties.  There are so many colors as well.  I look at some of the price tags and I immediately look away.  These are expensive dresses. 

"Hi, is there anything I can help you with?"  A sales clerk asks.  I look at her in her brown eyes and shake my head.

"No thanks."  I say.  She smiles and nods her head as if she understood.

"No problem.  I'll be over at the counter if you need anything."  She says.  I nod my head as she leaves. 

I spot a couple of dresses that are cute.  One is navy blue and the other is white.  The navy blue one has a low V-neck cut.  So if I were to wear it, it'd show a whole ton of cleavage.  Along with the low neckline, the dress is made of a satin material which has a nice feel to it.  I checked the price tag and exhaled a sigh of relief.  It wasn't over a hundred dollars.  I grabbed the white dress as well.  It didn't have a low neckline, in fact it seems to look like it covers half of my bosom.  I also notice how the dress also accompanies sleeves, but it seems as if the sleeves only go down to my elbows.  This dress seems basic though, a basic white.  No lace or sparkles or anything.  Just a basic white, but I like it.  I check the price tag and see that it's only fifty dollars.

I go to the fitting rooms and try on the navy blue dress, and it fits perfectly.  Just as I suspected, it shows a lot of cleavage.  But that's fine since I'm not going to be wearing this dress to the brunch.  I can't help but notice how good I look in it though.  The dress even compliments my dark blue eyes. 

Smiling, I take off the dress and try on the white one.  Turns out the white one isn't as basic as I thought it was.  Yes it's just white, and yes it doesn't show cleavage, but this dress is close fitting.  This dress, I realize is a figure hugging dress.  I turn around in the mirror and notice that this dress exposes my whole backside.  And the fact that it does so extenuates my butt and the dress also makes my boobs look much bigger as well. 

This is a type of dress that you'd wear to a fancy dinner or a fancy party.  Not a business brunch.  But I'm still going to buy it just for the sake that I feel sexy in it.  I put my clothes back on and purchase the dresses.

I then leave Macy's and go to New York and Company, they always have good stuff there.  And they do because I found a red dress there that doesn't show too much cleavage where it'll be inappropriate to wear.  It's like a little red sun dress.  I purchase it and feeling satisfied, I drive back home.

Hopefully my dress will be appropriate for a business brunch.  I hope I'm not too under dressed with a sun dress.