5: New Friends

While I was at the store, I bumped into Stella in the dairy aisle.  When she saw me, her face lit up and she waved at me.  Thanks to my mother, I'm in no mood into starting a conversation.  But I have no choice but to go over there so I'll just have to endure.

     "Hi Elizabeth!  I heard you got off early on your first day."  Stella says.  I give her a light smile and nod my head.

     "Yeah."  Is all I could manage to say.  For some reason though, Stella makes me want to talk, like everything about her is inviting, her smile and her kindness. 

     "How were you even able to manage that?"  She asks as she grabs milk, cheese and sour cream and places them in her cart.

     "Ugh, long story."  I groan.  She raises her eyebrows and smiles at me.

     "I've got time."  She says.  We walk out of the dairy aisle and head over to the snack aisle.

     "Well Mr. Smith gave me a bunch of documents to file into the computer and wanted me to email all of them to his email address.  So I filed all the papers, but forgot to email it it and went off to lunch, thinking that I was done.  But when I came back, he was pissed off at me because I went off to lunch without completing my work.  So I emailed it to him and then he wanted me to fill out a resúmè for the job-"

     "Wait, you didn't fill one out for your interview?"  She interrupts.  I shake my head.

     "No, there weren't any applications for the job when I saw it in the newspaper."  I explain myself.  She nods her head.  Before I continue, I grab four boxes of Cheez-Its, three bags of Doritos, and two cartons of Goldfish.

     "Anyways, he gave me an application to fill out and I finished and gave it to him and then he told me about his business meeting this Friday and he said that he'll fire me if I make one mistake in front of his boss."  I finish up. 

     "Wow, that's harsh.  But you only made like two mistakes today and that's normal."  She says, as we leave the snacks aisle.

      "Yeah but it was my first day and it wasn't two, it was like three I think, I didn't knock before entering his office and he made a note about it." I say while we head to the register.

     "That's true.  Well I'm sure you'll do better tomorrow.  I know you will."  She encourages.  I smile and thank her.

     We both check out, and head out to our cars.  Coincidentally, we're both parked next to each other.  And we had a good laugh about that.

     "Do you want to come over?"  I offer.  Stella smiles as she closes her trunk, but shakes her head.

     "No, I'm sorry.  I'm cooking dinner tonight, but you can come over if you'd like."  She offers.  I smile and nod my head.

     "Alright.  Thanks!"  I finish loading my car and get in it.

     "Just follow my car."  She says before getting inside hers.  I give her a thumbs up and wait till she drives off so I can follow.

     Stella is such a nice person.  I think I may have found a new best friend. 

     It's interesting though to see that she drives a Mercedes-Benz, I didn't know that Mr. Smith paid that generously.  The thought of Mr. Smith just makes my stomach jump in excitement, but also makes me wanna punch something because he can be so annoying.  I don't know what makes him annoying, because all the things he yelled at me for were on my fault, but he just seems annoying.