13: Lunch Date

I woke up the next morning around eleven o'clock. Which means that Ian will pick me up in the next hour, meaning I need to get my ass up out of bed.

I hopped in the shower and did a quick rinse and got back out in under ten minutes. I dried myself off and blow dried my hair. I left my bathroom and browsed my closet, what shall I wear? I decided since I'm going on a date, I should wear at least something nice, yet casual since I don't exactly know where I'm going yet. So I pick out the white dress that I bought from Macy's that hugs my figure well.

I accessorized with a long gold necklace and a gold watch. I picked out red pumps to go with the dress as well. My hair feels like a mess so I pull it back into a low bun with a twist to the side.

I grab my phone once I was finished getting dress and pick my purse up. I check the time and am satisfied when I have five minutes left before Ian picks me up.
I check my phone and see that I have two new messages from Mr. Smith. Ugh, what does this guy want?

Mr. Smith: Why are you ignoring my calls?

Mr. Smith: I know you're receiving them, so just pick up the damn phone

I was about to answer back, but decided against it. If he wants me to return his calls, then he can at least use some manners. Sheesh, it's like he wasn't raised properly or something. I don't know what his problem is, but it's the least of my worries.

There was a knock on my door and I jump up and get it. I open the door and see Ian standing at the foot of my door looking very dashing. He's wearing dark washed jeans with a black button down that hugs at his muscles that I am now seeing. I look up at his beautiful brown eyes and smile at him.

"Hello." I say, walking out, locking the door behind me. He smiles at me and wounds a hand on my back as we walk down the steps.

"You look very beautiful." He compliments.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." I say, face getting red.

"Thanks." He says. He walks me over to his silver BMW and opens the passenger door for me. What a gentleman.

"So, where are we going?" I ask, once he pulls out of the driveway.

I look at him as he cracks a crooked smile which is soo attractive on him.

"It's a surprise...sorta." He answers. I turn and give him a strange look.

"How is it a surprise sorta?" I ask.

"I feel like you might be disappointed if I tell you." He chuckles, looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"Well then, we'll see about that." I tease. Ian just chuckles as he gives me a look.

"I hope I can impress you." He says. I smile, enjoying the warm feeling that's coursing through my entire body.
Although I just met Ian, I like the way he makes me feel. He makes me feel like I have value and makes me feel beautiful. And I think I won't have trouble with him in a relationship if we go down that road.

After a fifteen minute drive, Ian pulls up to a fancy yet causal looking restaurant. He drives up to valet and opens the passenger door for me. Which was so sweet of him.

"This is the surprise...sorta." He says, as he places a hand on my back. I look at the design of the place and am breathtaken. The building's exterior walls were made out of tan slabs of stone with black cotton visors over the tall windows. It was beautiful outside.

We walked in and went to the podium where there was a guy in a white button down with a black tie. He saw us and smiled.

"Hi, welcome to Monticello. Do you have a reservation or would like to reserve a table now?" He asks, looking at Ian and then back at me.