55: Weird Morning

I woke up the next morning with my phone ringing like crazy. I groan as I roll over and grab my phone off my nightstand to answer it.

"Hello?" I croak.

"Hey Elizabeth." A familiar voice sounds casually.

I knit my brows together, wondering why he's calling me. "Ian?" I thought he was still upset with me. "What are you doing? What's up? Is everything okay?"

"Yes everything's fine. I just want to tell you that I forgive you." He says.

Whoa, that was fast. I thought that he was going to want to wait it out until he's ready. But it seems as if he already put this all in the past.

"Um okay. Sure, thanks." I mumble, still confused as to why he's forgiving me this fast.

"And I think that we should date again." He adds after a moment's pause.

I stop breathing. I don't think I can go back out with Ian again. It's not that I have anything against him, it's just that I don't see myself that way with him anymore.

"Uh...Ian...I'm not so su-" I start, but get cut off.

"Just hear me out," he pleads.

I sigh and nod my head. "Alright, fine."

"Despite everything that happened, I still feel drawn to you. It's like you have some magnetic pull to my heart. And I don't know if I can stay away from you any longer." He explains all in one breath.

What he just said took me a moment to let it sink in. Is this his way of saying he loves me? If it is, then I can't reciprocate the same feelings. But if it isn't, I still can't go out with him because I don't want to hurt him anymore.

"Ian, that's all sweet and kind, but you should still be mad at me. You shouldn't want to date me again after what I did. You should've lost all trust in me." I say, running a hand through my matted hair.

"But that's just the thing. I'm not mad at you. I do want to date you and I still have trust in you." He says.

I blow out a sigh. This is a lot to take in for eight in the morning. I'm not sure how to respond back.

"So Elizabeth, will you please be my girlfriend?" He begs.

I shake my head. I am still confused as to why he's acting this way. I knew Ian was nice, but this is way too over the top. And I'm not sure how to handle it. I know I should say no. It's the only way to not hurt him again. I was the one who wanted to end things in the first place, so me saying no would be fitting. But something in the back of my mind is telling me otherwise.

If I go back out with Ian, then I wouldn't have to worry about Adam since he knows about him. And Adam doesn't want to seem to talk to me, so he should be the least of my worries.

"Hello?" Ian asks, wondering if I'm still on the line.

"Yeah, I'm still here." I mumble, still deep in thought.

"Well?" He wonders.

Just say no. Say no, it'll be for the best of you both. Don't do or say anything stupid Elizabeth. "Yes, I'll go back out with you." I sigh. Shit, shit, shit. It's too late now, I've already said it.

Mr. SmithOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara