7: Late Night

I head down to the seventh floor and see if Jamie is still there, and to my luck he is. He looks up from his computer and smiles at me.

"Hello Ms. Elizabeth." He says with a grin.

"Hi." I reply back.

"Did you like your caramel latte this morning?" He asks.

"About that....I actually don't like lattes." I say.

"Oh my apologies. Then what do you like?" He questions, pen in hand ready to write it down.

"Frapps."

"Gotcha. So what'd you do with the coffee then?" He asks.

"Mr. Smith took it. He thought it was for him." I say. At this, Jamie laughs.

"Oh Adam is quite the funny one." Adam? Why did he say that?

"I'm sorry, Adam?" I ask. Jamie nods his head.

"Yeah, didn't you know? Mr. Smith's first name is Adam. Didn't he tell you?" He asks. I shake my head.

"No."

"Well that's surprising. He tells everyone his first name. I'm really surprised he didn't tell you though." He explains.

"I guess he doesn't trust me." I sigh. Jamie gives me a sympathetic look.

"It's alright honey. He'll tell you." He says.

"Anyways, Mr. Smith wants you and I to stay late tonight because of the business meeting he has tomorrow." I inform him. Jamie nods his head.

"I know. He emailed me about it. But I already told him that I can't stay as much as I would love to. Family emergency." He explains.

"What's wrong? If you don't mind me asking." I question. He looks up at me and displays a huge grin on his face. He's a little too happy for a family emergency.

"My sister is having her baby today. And I'll be leaving to go to the hospital soon in about an hour." His sister....I guess she was the girl that I saw him with on his Facebook profile page.

"Wow! Congrats!" I say. I just can't help but imagine all the work that I'll have to do without him there. And I'll be alone with Mr. Smi-Adam which will make it even more awkward thanks to my dream.

"Thanks! It's going to be a girl. She's naming her Jaqueline Marie. Ohh I'm soo excited!" He beams. I smile at his enthusiasm.

"I'm sure you are. Well I'm going on my lunch break if you wanna join." I offer. But Jamie shakes his head.

"No thanks. I have to get as much work as possible in before I leave for the day." He replies.

"That's okay. I'll see if the girls want to join." I say. He waves at me as I leave.

I found all of the girls hanging around the office's water cooler and approach them. Stella is the first one to spot me as she waves me over.

"Hey Liz!" She exclaims. I smile, she already came up with a nickname for me.

"Hi Stells." I try my tongue on giving her a nickname as well. Stells isn't that bad. In fact I actually like that name.

"Hi guys." I say waving to the rest of them. Taylor and Jessica smile at me as they take a sip of their water.

"What's up?" Taylor asks me. I shrug as I check my Michael Kors watch and look back up at them.

"Nothing. I was wondering if you guys would like to go out to lunch with me." I offer, looking at each and every one of them in the eye. But just by the looks they're giving me, I can tell that the outcomes of their response won't be great.