11: Attitude

The next morning, I woke up bright and early. I'm so glad that Mr. Smith let me take off early yesterday, it gave me a whole lot of time to catch up on missed sleep.

I checked my phone to see no new messages or missed calls. I have two hours to get ready and drive to work which is plenty of time.

I take a shower and wash my hair while I'm at it as well as shave my legs. When I got out, I dried myself off and moisterized. I put on black dress pants that hug my butt accompanied with a white shirt with a beige blazer. I grab a pair of black heels and put them on.

I decide to apply some makeup on myself since I have a whole ton of time. I apply black eyeliner and black mascara on my eyes and put on bright red lipstick. After that, I blow dry my hair and pull it up into a top messy bun. Once I am satisfied with my look, I check the time and see that it's eight thirty. I still have a little time to grab a little breakfast.

I go into the kitchen and grab a strawberry yoplait and a granola bar and eat them. I down a cup of water and grab my car keys and lock up my apartment.

When I arrived at Smith Enterprise, it was eight fifty. So I have ten minutes to myself. And since I'm in a great mood, I decide to make coffee for Mr. Smith.

I go into the break room and prepare it for him and it only took eight minutes, leaving me two minutes to head up to my office.

Once the coffee was done and ready, I go in the elevator and see that Jamie is in it as well.

"Oh hi Elizabeth! I was just coming to see you." He says with a smile.

I smile back at him as he closes the elevator doors and presses number eight on the number pad.

"Good morning Jamie." I respond back.

"So I remembered your coffee preference and here's your frappè...unless you already got a coffee for yourself." He says, notioning to the cup in my hand.

"Oh no, this is for Mr. Smith." I clarify for him. He nods his head as he hands me the drink.

"Thank you." I say. He smiles as he shrugs.

"No problem." He says.

"So how's your new niece doing?" I ask, trying to make conversation. He looks at me with widened eyes and it's like his smile couldn't get any bigger.

"Oh little Jackie is doing so wonderful. She is cute as a button. I will actually be babysitting her this Sunday which I will be so psyched for!" He beams. He whips his phone out and shows me a picture of Jacqueline. I smile at how cute she is with her hazel eyes and little tiny nose.

I was going to say something but the doors open, letting me know we're on the eight floor.

"I'll show you more pictures later." Jamie says as I get off. I smile at him and nod my head.

"Sounds good." I chuckle as the elevator doors close on him.

I walk over to Mr. Smith's office and pull down on the door handle to open, but the door is locked. Maybe this is a way of him telling me I need to learn how to knock?   I knock on the door, but no response came through.

Which is strange because he usually answers if you knock. I check my watch and see that it's nine o'clock. So where is he?

Right when I thought that Mr. Smith was running late, the elevator doors ding and he walked out looking as great as ever. His hair looks disheveled a bit this morning, giving him that rough sexy look, and I notice how his stubble is coming in. He's wearing a regular white button down with a blue tie and a pair of black dress pants. He sees me and a smirk starts to appear on his face.