24: Decision

The next morning, my alarm clock went off loud and clear.  I quickly turn it off, worried that I'll wake Carly up.  I quietly get out of bed and get ready for work. 

I look at my wardrobe and frown at it.  I need to go shopping for more clothes.  I'm running out of nice attire.  The only good thing I have left that is work appropriate is a beige pencil skirt that comes above my knees and a white button down.  I unbutton the top three buttons and style my look with black heels.  I twisted my hair up into a top bun and stuck a bobby-pin in it.  I applied light makeup and grabbed my jacket along with my purse. 

I walked out my bedroom as quietly as I can, seeing Carly peacefully sleeping on the couch.  I giggle silently when I notice that she's about to roll off the couch in the positions she's in. 

I find my phone in the kitchen and quickly write a note on a sticky note saying: Carly, I'm at work and I should be home no later than six or seven.  Feel free to eat anything you see.  If you need help for the tv, the guide is in one of the drawers in the coffee table. 

                                  -Liz

I cap my pen and stick the note onto the fridge and walk out my apartment, locking it after me. 

I get in my car and drive to work and am surprised when morning traffic is light.  I grin and stop by Starbucks just for the heck of it.  I pick up a frap for myself and a latte for Adam since I know that's what he prefers. 

After I bought the coffee, I check the time and am glad when I see that I'm still on schedule.  I get back in my car and complete my drive to Smith Enterprise. 

I park my car in the staff garage and swipe my ID card to get in the elevator to get into the building.  I'm glad that ever since I got my ID card, I don't have to go through the main entrance of the building.  I can park my car in the garage and just go into the elevator  which takes me to the first floor.

I walk by the first floor assistant, Pam, nodding my head at her.  "Morning Pam."  I say with a smile. 

She looks up at me and beams right back.  "Good morning Elizabeth."  She says. 

I get on the elevator and tap on the number eight.  It doesn't take long and before I knew it, the elevator doors ding, opening up to the floor.  I got off and walk over to my desk, dropping my purse off.  I pick up Adam's latte and walk over to his office door.  I knock twice and wait for his voice. 

"It's open."  He says.  I open the door and see him standing at his windows, looking out into the city. 

I examine his whole back side and am amazed on how well his navy blue suit is tailored perfectly fit to his body.  I can't help but look at his butt since it really looks good in that suit of his.  Before I could continue my examination, he turns around with a thoughtful look on his face.  I noticed how he shaved his stubble, giving him that clean shaved look.  I notice how he used gel in his hair this morning to spike it up in the front.  I kind of miss the stubble though.  That was a very sexy feature on him I thought. 

"Good morning."  He says, meeting me in the eyes with his emerald ones. 

"Good morning."  I smile as I walk up to him and hand him his latte.  "I bought you some coffee on my way here." 

He gives me a drop dead sexy grin as he takes the cup from my hand.  "Thanks."  He says. 

I nod my head as I take a seat in one of his chairs in front of his desk.  He follows suit and sits in his big leather chair, facing me. 

"So, I've been thinking.  Since I have this whole building to myself, should I expand my office spaces higher up?  I mean that'll mean more staff for hire needed and that'll mean our office will be moved to a higher floor."  He asks, looking for my opinion.