56: Home Run!

The next day rolled in pretty fast. It was morning at first, but somehow time flew by me in a blink of an eye because now it's 3:30 and I need to get ready for the game.

Stella, Taylor, Jess, Jamie and Carly have all purchased their tickets and have gotten seats a few rows behind where Ian and I will be sitting.

I'm looking forward to the game, but I'm also anxious to know if there's anything suspicious going on.

But I shake that thought out of my head as I pull on a pair of white skinny jeans and throw on my Derek Jeter jersey even though he's a retired player. I pull my blond hair into a low ponytail and put on my old faded Yankees cap to match the jersey.

Once I was finished with my look, I grabbed a jacket and my purse and headed out my room. It was fifteen minutes past four.

I found Carly all dressed and ready sitting on the couch on her phone. I sit next to her as I turn the tv on to see what's playing.

"Oh, Stella is picking me up in like five minutes." She informs me, looking up from her phone.

"Okay." I mumble.

Just like Carly had said, the doorbell rang in five minutes and there was Stella standing right at the doorway. She sees me sitting on the couch once Carly lets her in and smiles.

"Ready?" She asks.

I nod my head. "Absolutely."

"Great. Call us if you need anything." She says as Carly and her begin to make their way out of the door.

"Alright. See you there." I say, closing the door after them.

I check my watch for the time, reading 4:25. Ian should be getting here pretty soon. I turn the tv off and pull my phone out to do some researching.

I type in Ian Smith in the Google search engine and hit the search icon. I tapped on the first result I found and read it, hoping to find anything mischievous about his persona. But damn it. It only talks about how he's an architect for New Liner's Architecture. The page recognizes all of his achievements and informs me about the buildings he's designed.

I frown as I leave that page in hopes of finding another that'll reveal all his dirty secrets. But each link I tap on, it just reveals how he's a great hard worker. Damn, damn, damn. He has a good reputation online just like Adam.

I click on the images tab and try to find any mugshot pictures or pictures with any skanky looking girls. Which to my dismay, I didn't find. There were only pictures of him in a business suit, him posing next to his office, and the blueprints of his achievements. The rest of the images on here were other Ian Smiths and things that doesn't relate to the one I'm searching for.

I blow out a sigh as I leave Google and turn my phone off. I guess I'm just going to have to accept the fact that Ian is a good guy. And there's nothing shady about him.

Just as I read that it's 4:30, my doorbell rings. I put my jacket on and grab my purse as I head over to the door, opening it.

On the other side of the door, stands Ian tall and still good looking as ever. He's wearing a Mets T-shirt with dark denim jeans and white converse.

"Hey." He breaths, producing a smile on his face.

I return his smile as I walk out the door, locking it behind me. "Hi."

"You look great. Although I disapprove of your choice in jersey." He points out.

"Ha ha," I say as we walk over to his silver BMW. "Well you're just gonna have to deal with the fact I prefer the Yankees over any team."