64: Got Played

I get in my car and drive out onto the main road.  He better be home today.  It doesn't take me long to get to his place as I quickly park my car and hop out. 

I run up the steps and ring the doorbell.  While I wait for someone to open the door, I look out onto the streets to find Ian's car.  And when I see it, a wave of relief washes over me. 

The door opens, revealing Bernice, his maid.  She glances up at me with her old eyes in question. 

"Hi, may I help you?"  She asks. 

I nod my head.  "Yes, I'm here to see Ian." 

"He's got a young lady with him at the mom-"

"Bernice, who is it?"  I hear Ian's voice call out from inside the house. 

Before I could say anything, Ian becomes visible as he approaches the door.  When he sees me he looks startled and surprised. 

"Elizabeth?  What are you doing here?"  He asks. 

I shoot him a dirty look as I just enter his home by myself.  "To talk to you." 

Bernice closes the door behind me and shuffles away to go do whatever it is she does. 

Ian rubs his hand along his neck, not sure what to do right now.  "I um...sorta have a guest here if you don't mind." 

I roll my eyes as I brush past him, expecting to find Carly around here somewhere.  It wouldn't surprise me if she is.  I find my way into the living room but not to find her. 

Instead there was a beautiful woman with dark skin complexion sitting patiently on the couch.  She was wearing skinny jeans with Ugg boots and a gray sweater.  Her hair was long as her curls reached all the way down her back.  Who is she? 

She looks up at me with her dark eyes, confused, probably wondering who the hell I am. 

Ian enters the living room and stands over next to the woman. 

"Elizabeth, this is Tara...Tara, this is Elizabeth."  He introduces. 

I attempt to form a smile at her, but it was hard because all I could think about was what the hell is going on right now?  I am so confused. 

"Nice to meet you, Elizabeth."  Tara says, standing up as she extends her hand out for me to shake.  She's British too?  How flawless can she be? 

I shake her hand and return her gesture.  "You too." 

I glance over at Ian who's just watching us interact.  "Um...Ian?  May I talk to you...in private?" 

He glances over at Tara who just shrugs.  "Yeah.  I'll be back."  He says to her. 

I walk out of the living room with Ian following behind.  I'm not sure where to go in this house since I never got a tour around, so I just settle for the kitchen. 

As soon as we were in here, I turn around to face Ian, perplexed. 

"Okay, what the hell is going on?"  I hiss. 

Ian shrugs.  "What do you mean?" 

"I mean who is she?"  I ask. 

"She's my girlfriend."  He answers simply with a shrug. 

Girlfriend?  This isn't making any sense right now. 

"What do you mean she's your girlfriend?"  I retort. 

"Uh you know, I ask her out and she says yes."  He stupidly responds. 

I roll my eyes at his response.  "I know how that works.  But I'm wondering when did this all come into play?"