66: Carcass for the Vultures

After Carly and I had made up, I decided that since we haven't done anything together, we should start now.

"Hey are you hungry?" I ask, as we're sitting on the couch watching Stranger Things.

She shrugs as she looks over at me. "Yeah, I could eat."

"Okay good, let's go out to eat." I suggest. 

She turns the tv off as we get up.  "Where?" 

"Westway Diner.  It's a breakfasty kind of place, but hey, nothing wrong with eating breakfast for dinner."  I answer. 

"Oh okay, let me get ready real quick."  She says, opening up her suitcase. 

"Alright, me too." I go into the kitchen and pour myself a glass of water, really glad that I patched things up. 

I take a quick shower since I'm in desperate need of one, making sure that I clean myself well.  Once I hop out, I dip into my room and look for clothes to wear.  I put on a pair of jeans and a pullover sweater along with an infinity scarf.  I find a pair of brown boots and shove my feet into them.  Frowning at my hair, I quickly pull it back into a ponytail. 

When I'm finished, I leave my room and head out into the living room.  I check my phone and my heart flutters when I see a text message from Adam. 

Adam: I've got a surprise for you when you come into work tomorrow

I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face as I read his message. 

Me: oooh really?  What is it?

Not too long later, my phone chimes with a notification. 

Adam: It's called a surprise for a reason

Me: darn :(

Adam: Don't worry, you'll find out soon enough

I was getting ready to reply back when Carly waltzed in. 

"Ready?"  I ask, turning my phone off and shoving it into my pocket.

"Yep."  She replies. 

                               >>>

Once the waiter took our order, I glance over at Carly who's on her phone. 

"So now that you don't have to be in hiding anymore, what're you gonna do?"  I ask her. 

Carly looks at me and puts her phone down.  "I've been looking for full-time jobs lately, but since I got kicked out of college, it hasn't really been looking that great for me." 

"What was your major?" 

"Marketing."  She simply answers. 

"Why don't you look for internships.  I'm sure they're plenty around."  I suggest. 

"I guess...but I want money so I can afford my own place."  She says. 

I think about that for a moment.  Either she doesn't want to live with me anymore, or she really does want a place of her own. 

"How about get a part-time job while you're interning so you can make a little bit of extra money."  I reply. 

"Yeah," she nods her head, "I like that idea.  Thanks." 

"No problem." 

"So...are you going to talk to Ian?"  She asks, after a moment of silence between us. 

I scoff as I shake my head.  "I've already talked to him.  He's such an asshole." 

"What happened?"  She wonders as her eyebrows knit together.