Purotea

CHAPTER SEVEN
____________
–•–

      AS EMPTY AS THE NIGHTS BECAME, AND AS LONELY AND SCARED AS SHE pretended not to be, she dared not utter a word of complaint

      AS EMPTY AS THE NIGHTS BECAME, AND AS LONELY AND SCARED AS SHE pretended not to be, she dared not utter a word of complaint. Still, Anomie didn't go near the red light district after that. She didn't know if she could come back from that place again, and she was afraid of what would happen to her if she did. In Kemuri, Oiran were known to be dragged back and beaten for escape attempts. Kino no Hashi was one such girl who escaped one to many times and when the higher ups finally found her, she was pregnant with a child and died during the abortion. 

      She doubted after the Hokage's 'generous' donation to the Yūkaku house of Konoha, however, that they would go looking for her. All she could think about was obtaining some semblance of control. She wasn't allowed to visit Rin or anyone as her abilities got unstable as days past. The Hokage said it was for the best in the mean time, and while she understood, she didn't enjoy it. All she could do now was pretend that this distance from Rin didn't make her weak.

      "Monkey," she greeted, and the Anbu sighed at the slightly offensive tone in the young girl's comment. 'Monkey' began to regret his mask, as being called Bird or Fox would have been less demeaning than all the rather witty jokes the white haired girl was able to come up with.

      "Don't call me that," the Anbu ordered, watching as the girl shrugged.

      "What's your real name then?" she asked, and saw the Anbu member visibly stiffen.

      "..." He didn't answer, slightly surprised that after a month, the girl never cared enough to ask his name. He was starting to believe he could get through the training without ever telling her.

      "Is it against the rules?" she asked, wiping the sweat from her brow.

      "...Saru."

      For the first time in all their meetings, Saru saw the girl laugh. It was childish and feminine, coming out in a mocking tone that caused her shoulders to visibly shake.

      It wasn't every day that you met an Anbu member whose name matched the mask. Obviously, Saru wasn't pleased as his fist collided with her stomach, shoving her back before she had time to defend.

      "Your stance is weak. Spread your feet apart and get lower to the ground," Saru stated as he made a bored, almost lazy, stance and waited for her to regain her breath.

      "Yes, Saru-sama," she hid it well, but he could still see the mockery in her eyes. He attempted to control his annoyance, as he felt her Chakra surge. In a mere moment she raced towards him, her leg rising to kick his face. He grabbed her by the calf and spun her around, causing her body to slam into the wall, where the Third Hokage could no doubt hear. Said leader had allowed them to train in his own training ground, just in case he needed to...intervene.