Kikyou

CHAPTER FIFTY
____________
–•–

       ANOMIE HAD NEVER EXPECTED DRINKING TO EVER BECOME A REPRIEVE DUE TO alcohol doing nothing to her teeth, figure, and mind

       ANOMIE HAD NEVER EXPECTED DRINKING TO EVER BECOME A REPRIEVE DUE TO alcohol doing nothing to her teeth, figure, and mind. Still, as Jiraiya glanced towards Anomie while she continued to uncharacteristically sip from her flask, Anomie couldn't seem to stop. She was a little shorter than him, so it wasn't hard to glance at her every once and a while from the corner of his eye. "Who are you trying to be? Tsunade is not an ideal role model."

"Chill," Anomie told him, glancing up at him. Then she snorted, fully processing his comment. "Please, I'd sooner fuck her than be like her."

His nose burned with blood at her comment, but he hid it so she wouldn't see. "What happened? You know you can talk to me."

"Nothing happened. I like the taste," Anomie told him, and she smiled slightly as it tasted very similar to gasoline. Tsunade said she liked the taste in the beginning, but after her brother died, Jiraiya never knew what to feel about anything that woman told him. Anomie was perhaps even more difficult to read, and most of the time he noticed that she never showed much expression. When things got difficult, she would off-balance the tension with a little bit of harmful flirting.

"Sanshi is the monk's boyfriend or something. It was all very confusing," Anomie said with an uncaring wave of her hand as they stopped right in front of the temple. "Ask him all your questions. I'm going to change my bandages."

"You don't want to come with?" Jiraiya asked and Anomie slightly smiled.

"He won't talk if I'm in there," Anomie told him with a smirk and a slight shrug.

"So the normal Anomie type of interaction," Jiraiya said with a sigh, contemplating working with her. He knew that she was technically on Konoha's side, but Anomie had a quality of unpredictability. He wanted to trust her more than he actually did.

Anomie slightly smiled, taking a sip from her flask. "It was a bit above average."

Jiraiya sighed, turning to walk away, "This is beginning to be tedious."

"Wait," Anomie stopped him, placing her flask into her pouch. She walked closer, placing her palms against his chest as she glanced up at him. He froze at her touch, feeling the heat from her hands as she ran her fingers over the mesh shirt underneath his shirt, only visible through the opening of the v along his shirt. "I'd remove that if I were you."

"What kind of temple are you sending me into?"

Anomie smiled, biting her bottom lip. "This village has an occupancy of roughly 40 people. What do you think these people do for fun?"

That sparked Jiraiya's attention and his brow slightly twitched.

"The bathhouses are at their greatest in about an hour, but for now," Anomie ripped a v into the mesh underneath with one hand in so fast a motion that it danced around aggressive and oddly flirtatious. "Sanshi likes a bit of skin."