Chūrippu

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
____________
–•–

        ODDLY ENOUGH, THERE HAD ACTUALLY BEEN A TIME WHERE ANOMIE HAD actually wanted to be in ROOT

        ODDLY ENOUGH, THERE HAD ACTUALLY BEEN A TIME WHERE ANOMIE HAD actually wanted to be in ROOT. Of course, that was before Danzo's name had become a slow dose of aconite in the bane of Anomie's life. The moment Danzo's Root division whore disappeared, Anomie placed her amulet against the third seal that ran up her leg. She felt the marking against her skin and hid the amulet into it with an intricate weave of her Chakra. She ruffled her dress so it covered the three seals that she had recently gotten tattooed onto her right leg.

All that was left now was her left leg. It was certain to hurt as every seal felt like a slow stab wound, ripping and shredding her skin with blades as thin as cherry blossoms. The painful thing would be to cover her body with them. They would surely protect her life and a couple tears would be a small price to pay for security.

She stood straighter, feeling the forest for any trace for Kimimaro's Chakra, but the boy had hid it like a good little soldier. She jumped onto the nearest tree branch that hung above her head and perched against the bark with her hands flat against the wood.

She murmured a small Jutsu, whilst moving her hands into quick seals. Momentarily, she felt her Chakra let out a pained cry as it suctioned her lungs for strength. Momentarily, she wanted to collapse in exhaustion, as her body was still numb from the excessive Chakra she had used in Konoha.

A part of her knew that Kimimaro's prediction of her health was correct. Perhaps she should have rested before taking up yet another mission that was likely to end her life. None of that lamenting could have prepared her for the weakness she felt down to her bones as she masked her body in a henge.

The simple fact was that her white hair didn't offer much in the category of being incognito, and black fit her purpose just fine. It was boring and boring was safe. It would suit her mission, even if it stripped a month from her life. She found she didn't care much for how long she lived anymore.

She jumped from the tree branch, her body turning to smoke before she landed.

      The truth is, there isn't a reason for me to live.

It was odd, seeing the group of entertainers from the outside instead of being along side them, gossiping about politics and dress ware. It was only once that the Kemuri Oiran had traveled outside the confines of their tiny village to Kaibun. It was a journey that took a week through the border of the land of fire. When they finally arrived, the journey was well worth the hours on the open road. Anomie had never seen such extravagant and beautiful dances in front of such a huge crowd. Dancers from all around the country had come, bringing their skills with them. Anomie still remembered the way they moved so beautifully.

After all, Oiran, while having versatile skills, weren't usually so dedicated in dance. Men would rather lay with a woman than watch her exhibit beautiful talents. Of course, Anomie was never like the other Oiran and neither was Ohashi. She could dance. She could sing. She could fuck.