Suiba

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
____________
–•–

       ANOMIE WAS WISHING FOR A WARM BATH AND A LUXURIOUS BATHTUB, FILLED to the brink with hot water, rose petals, and steamed coconut milk

       ANOMIE WAS WISHING FOR A WARM BATH AND A LUXURIOUS BATHTUB, FILLED to the brink with hot water, rose petals, and steamed coconut milk. She felt it was very necessary considering her skin was dry from the lack of moisture from using the Undying Bird's double edged abilities. In fact, unbeknownst to her companion, she was now always dehydrated, her tongue was blisteringly hot, and she was fairly certain the fact that it was fucking snowing did not help a bit. Now she was freezing, dehydrated, and in desperate need of a 'me day'.

       Also, she had shared some very private information, told Kakashi she quote loved him, and she had a serious case of embarrassment with a tinge of regret. Being vulnerable was not her forte, and she now ended her day without eye contact. This was something Kakashi took notice to, judging by his scoff and comment of, "you have the emotional maturity of an academy student."

       Anomie missed their banter, as it was different from the whatever the fuck came over her two nights ago. She had a hard time saying she loved watermelon let alone saying she loved another person and meaning it. "Wow. This coming from the guy who avoids confrontation with girls waiting to confess to him."

       "Since when did I ever-"

       Anomie interrupted him quickly. "Anbu, three months in, the girl with the amazingly round ass?"

       Kakashi raised a brow. "Maybe you should have made a move. You seem to have a one track memory of her."

      Anomie smiled, running her fingers through her hair and noticing the brittle thinness of her hands. She made a mental note to eat more because she was starting to look like a homeless urchin who lived off scraps of bread. "Oh I did. Someone had to pick up the pieces of her shattered heart when you tossed her love letter in the bin."

      "I did n-" Kakashi paused at her look, letting out a completely exasperated sigh. They were currently engaged in the part of their quest that had them willing to stop at any village for a warm meal that Anomie didn't have to hunt. Luckily, if her map reading skills were of any use, the closest village was fast approaching. "Fine."

       He was reading his book, or at least pretending to so he wouldn't have to converse. She would have done the same thing if she actually liked reading. Once again, Anomie liked very little outside of drinking lately. "I need to pick up some hobbies."

       "I'd say you've grown to like the hobby of annoying me," Kakashi said with a sharp retort as he turned the page.

      She scoffed, "Alright. Someone woke up on the wrong side of me." They had taken to sleeping in the same sleeping bag, and it was perhaps the most vulnerable thing she had ever let someone do with her. Even in her days as a whore, she never fell asleep aside someone. Men had already taken so many of her liberties and choices, she never liked giving them anything else. That was why she tried to avoid kissing her clients. It was her way of separating her body from her heart, her way of owning her own body in whatever way she could.