Suisen

CHAPTER ELEVEN
____________
–•–

      THE CLOUDS IN THE SKY HAD CREATED A GLOOMY MOOD OVER KONOHA, but it was the wind that felt ominous slashed his skin, making Kakashi glance up towards the clouds that spread thinly across the horizon that was concealing the setting sun by an ...

THE CLOUDS IN THE SKY HAD CREATED A GLOOMY MOOD OVER KONOHA, but it was the wind that felt ominous slashed his skin, making Kakashi glance up towards the clouds that spread thinly across the horizon that was concealing the setting sun by an array of trees. If not for Gai's insistence on his company, Kakashi was certain that there were other things he'd rather be doing.

He, for one, was still slightly bitter that he wasn't chosen to guard Kushina during the birth tonight, but Minato had been swift to ask his input on who should be there and who shouldn't. He could still remember the sick feeling that settled in his stomach when Minato suggested Anomie to be one of the Anbu guards, forcing Kakashi to remember her hands wrapping around the thin necks of two children and snuffing out their lives in a brief moment.

"I don't think she's right for the responsibility," Kakashi could vaguely remember saying this before he had watched Minato's gaze become pointed and unreadable. Kakashi knew that his sensei did everything for a reason, but he didn't fully understand what that reason could be in Anomie's case.

He supposed her abilities were strong and the way she could possess someone's mind in an instant was useful, but Kakashi was unable to forget how thin and brittle those two boy's necks were when she snapped them. A person like that, to him, couldn't be held responsible for the life of Kushina or her child. He didn't believe that Anomie was inherently evil or sadistic. He didn't know what she was, but her presence felt like fire, and one small spark in the right setting could burn everything down.

He sighed, trying to rid Anomie from his thoughts, but her face lingered behind with such force that he couldn't pry her away even as he gazed out into the sky as a dangerous Chakra began to soar through his bones. He could feel its intensity and it made his heart pound in his chest as Gai's chatter came to a halt while the green suited man stared uncharacteristically serious out into the far distance.

In those few nights, Kakashi wondered if he should have fought harder to get Anomie off the squad of Anbu...

Because none of them made it out alive.

●▬▬▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬▬▬●

"I brought you flowers," came Genma's voice as he entered the stoic girl's hospital room. It had been two and a half weeks after the Kyuubi attack and that amount of time was what it took for Genma to strike up the time to visit the injured girl's bedside. When he opened sliding the door open with flowers draped across his arm, his eyes met with the Anbu who stood guard outside the door. The man's mask was that of a falcon, but other than that he had no recognition of who that person was, as was the case with most Anbu besides Kakashi.

Genma doubted he would even know that much if it wasn't for Gai's excessive speeches during one of the many undesired sparring matches.

Anomie didn't look his way, as she was far too busy zipping up the front of a sleeveless jacket. She looked to have just finished getting dressed, and because of Genma's increasingly bad luck, he walked in just as she was finished. He supposed the tiny glimpse of cleavage and lace had been the most action he'd gotten in weeks so it wasn't too bad.