Kuchinashi

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
____________
–•–

       SHE IMAGINED SO MANY MANY TIMES WHAT THE FABLED SANNIN TSUNADE WOULD BE like if she ever got to meet her

       SHE IMAGINED SO MANY MANY TIMES WHAT THE FABLED SANNIN TSUNADE WOULD BE like if she ever got to meet her. Anomie would admit, she never imagined a meeting that didn't end in a bloodbath. Still, even in Anomie's underwhelming fantasy, Tsunade was never an angry bitch with a drinking problem, but you know what they say, never meet your idols. Then again, Tsunade was never her hero, but rather, Rin who would spend a good portion of her day training to be on par with a woman she never met. 

      "Nah," Tsunade said as she tossed the scroll into one of the empty bottles of alcohol. Anomie's brow raised and she contemplated swiping the scroll while Tsunade got intoxicated, but that was probably what Kakashi was counting on.

Something about this screamed a trap, but maybe she was overthinking it. Maybe he just genuinely didn't care about what she did anymore. She stood, paying for the drinks before she patted Tsunade's shoulder.

"Stay safe, Tsunade," she said and just as she was about to leave, Tsunade's drunken hand curled around Anomie's wrist.

"Before you leave, I think you should take this," Tsunade lifted the scroll and placed it in Anomie's hand, much to the girl's confusion.

"What are you-?" asked Anomie and Tsunade's lips curled into a smirk.

"I saw you eyeing it, Koneko," Tsunade replied.

"You know who I am? If that is the case then why are you giving this to me?" she asked with a frown, glancing towards Shizune who had fallen asleep against the bar table with the small teacup pig asleep at her feet.

"There is so much misinformation about you. Everyone thinks you did what you did for Orochimaru, but not a week later he uses such dastardly methods to do away with you," she explained. "Call of curiosity. Call it doctor/patient confidentiality, call it whatever you want, Koneko. I treat the sick. I don't judge them. So take the scroll and do whatever it is that you do. I couldn't care less."

Anomie stared down at it for a moment of silence before she handed it back with a shake of her head. "Her fate is none of my business."

"You make no sense."

"I have been told that," Anomie replied with a smile, turning around to walk away. Her back froze and she shook her head. "You say you aren't going to judge me, but you should. I am not a good person."

"Bad people don't say that, Koneko," Tsunade said, pouring another glass of wine. "Then again, good people don't say that either."

"You and Jiraiya continue to astound me," Anomie said with a smile, turning her head towards Tsunade who had frozen.

"I'd prefer you didn't mention that perverted old man to me," Tsunade hissed, her eyes narrowed in such a way that made Anomie's lips form into a gentle smile.