Chapter 13- Confusion

What is wrong with me, Arena thought as she paced around her small room. What was I thinking that I could be with either of the boys, she grumbled to herself. I promised myself I would never fall inlove because then I will never achieve my dreams, she thought frowning. I want to be treated equally like a boy and to learn how to fight and be in the army but I can't do that with Hunter or Stephen,  she thought.

She sighed and sat down onto her creaky bed. Niether of the boys were leaving which made her life far more confusing and difficult. With rumors flying around that Robin Hood was coming closer to check Arena out, both boys wanted to stay to protect her from the thief. It was just a rumor but Robin Hood probably  had heard that her skills at archery rivaled his own. Well that's what she thought, she couldn't understand why he was heading to this area unless he was hoping to rob the prince.

Which was pretty much impossible with his new strict captain and two other guards following him around. It was bad enough with Hunter and Stephen let alone a few alert soldiers.

She sighed and stared out at her window at the early morning sky. She hadn't slept well, dreaming of a horrible vivid dream. She had been running, running away from someone. She had reached her home and everyone she loved and knew was there. They were arguing, Roger and her father on one side and Cederic and her mother Ella on the other. Hunter stood closer to her best friend and father. She found it strange that her best friend and her father was supporting Hunter for some unknown reason.

Stephen was near her brother and mother which she also found strange. " Arena should pick Hunter, we promised she wouldn't be apart of noble life", yelled her father.

"Yes but Arena could get what she has always wanted,  to have something better and to learn how to fight", yelled her mother.

"What, behind closed doors where there are the best healers incase she gets a small cut, what type of life is that", yelled Roger.

" She needs to taste the noble world, we'll have to tell her eventually", yelled Cederic angrily. Her dream self stared in shock as they argued until they turned towards her.

" Well, which boy", they yell together frowning at her. Her heart rate picked up and she was shaking. Then both boys were fighting with swords and spears. Two best friends were fighting over... her?

"Stop, stop fighting, you're best friends", she yelled at them. Stephen stopped and turned towards Arena, his beautiful blue green eyes pleading. The hesitation gave Hunter the opportunity and  Hunter stabed Stephen in the heart and he fell down dead. Arena screamed and fell down next to Stephen.

" Why did you do that", she screamed at Hunter pulling Stephen close.

"To win your heart", said Hunter in a strange monotone voice.

"You were best friends", she cried looking at Stephen's lifeless form.

" Arena,  I", whispered Hunter before he gasped and fell to the ground. A shiny dagger was lodged in his back and Arena screamed. A hooded man stared down at her, his hands red with blood.

" Now you have no choice but to join me, female archer", whispered the man. Arena had woken up then, hot and shaking. Tears had come to her eyes which she had quickly wiped away. She had no idea why she dreamt such a horrible dream. It must be with my stupid mixed up feelings for the boys, she thought as she tried to forget about the dream.

She slipped off her bed and put her hand under her bed searching. She touched the smooth hard surface of the chest and pulled it out. She sighed a small smile playing at her lips as she stared at the chest. It was her favourite possession as it held her favourite and best memories. She opened it slowly, hoping she wouldn't wake her parents or Damon.