Chapter 35 - Racing against time

"I want to come, I want to save her, she's my friend and I want to beat Damon up",  growled Zach struggling to get up while Jade pushed him back down again.

" You're not strong enough, you must rest, how will you be of any help if you're weak", hissed Jade.  Hunter smirked from behind Jade while Zach shot him a glare. Cower before Lady Jade, Hunter thought smugly.

As if reading his thoughts, Jade turned to glare at him, her blue eyes dark with anger and worry. Her eyes as dark blue as a choppy sea. Hunter took a step back, not smirking anymore. Zach smiled smugly as Jade glared at him.

" Why are you still here, I thought you needed to get ready for the trip",  grumbled Jade. Her blonde hair was tied up in a ponytail and taking after Arena had a short sword strapped to her side. Hunter knew that Jade would use it in a second if he said something wrong.

How much everything had changed. Within the castle, no one minded Jade or any of the other noble girls and ladies in waiting to equip themselves with a weapon. The king said so himself that everyone should have the right to protect themselves, that we're all equel, men and women.

Hunter frowned to himself. King Henry was even allowing Liz to learn how to fight once Arena was back. Everything had changed because of Arena. " Woah calm down Jade, Stephen's with Rowan and they're organizing the packing ", said Hunter.

" What!" "Rowan is going who just got out of a death sleep really and I can't go", shouted Zach.

" He didn't get stab", Jade shouted back.

" I'm fine, just a little bit tender, I can go",   grumbled Zach.

" No you can't, when you tried to walk yesterday, you nearly fell over", shouted Jade.

" Well that's because you kept hovering over me and I got distracted", Zach grumbled crossing his arms. Jade smirked as Zach slumped against his bed. She knew she had won. Hunter smirked at Jade as she smiled smugly at Zach. It wasn't official but Zach and Jade were together, they both were very fond of each other.

Hunter smiled but then frowned. Arena, where are you, he thought as he watched Zach and Jade stare intensely at each other. "Jade's right Zach, you must stay here but don't worry we'll bring Damon back alive if we can for his trial as well as John and his gang", said Hunter.

Zach turned to stare at Hunter, giving him an unusual look. "Promise", Zach whispered.

" I promise you'll get to punish Damon and the rest", smirked Hunter.

" No I don't care what happens to them, I meant Arena Hunter", sighed Zach. "Promise you'll look after her, protect her from others and herself, she's special Hunter and I think you know that", whispered Zach.

Hunter stared at Zach, his eyes staring intensely at his own. Without looking away from Zach, Hunter said the two words he hoped he would live up to. Hunter sighed as Zach stared at him while Jade watched on.

"I promise", whispered Hunter.

...

Stephen and Rowan helped the servants pack his saddle bags for the trip. Eliana was arguing with Robert and Cederic as Cederic and Robert horses stood waiting, ready to go.

Leaving the servants and Rowan to finish the packing, Stephen walked over towards the arguing bunch. " What's going on here", Stephen asked as he reached them.

" Your majesty, could you please tell Lady Eliana that it is too dangerous to come with us to rescue Arena", Robert asked stiffly. Eliana glared up at Robert, crossing her arms stubbornly.