Chapter 15 - In ruins

Robin Hood sat up in a tree, thinking. He had left his merry men to try and steal from a noble family while they scouted the area  ahead and meet up with them later. This was a lie. He needed to get away from his men, to get a chance of finding Arena. How am I suppose to find her, he thought tiredly as he glared at his surroundings.

The area had changed over the last sixteen years,  had become more over grown or more populated in other parts. He sighed as he watched people walk pass. He waited until the coast was clear before jumping down and removing his hood. Nearly there, he thought as he walked on the path.

It was so quiet and peaceful around here. It was a nice change to act normal and not to worry about his men. Tuck would be doing a fine job leading and hopefully his son Thomas would keep him in line anyway. Robin smiled sadly at the thought of little Tom. He was two years younger than Arena but just as fierce. His mother had been a young merchant daughter traveling with her father when she met Tuck. Robin was there when they met and he  remembered seeing  the spark between the two.

Their meeting was very amusing actually, ending in a hidden kiss and a bloody nose. Robin Hood chuckled at the thought as he went back in time remembering his best friend's meeting with his future lover. They had been recruiting as well as stealing to give to the poor. It had just been himself, Tuck and Simeon heading closer to a large town to recruit and steal or trade, whichever came first.

Robin and Tuck were browsing as there were markets and merchants selling their wears to the public. Simeon had gone to the pub to see if anyone wanted to join the merry men. One store sold a whole lot of different objects, never sticking to one particular item. Robin was admiring a little dagger when Tuck first saw her. She had long black hair tied into a braid that sat over her right shoulder. She had beautiful dark sea blue eyes with long dark eyelashes.

She was slightly tanned with red cheeks from the chilly wind. Robin remembered seeing Tuck's astounded expression as he took in her appearance. She wore a simple blue dress and a silver locket. She glared at Tuck distrustfully as he stared at her. " What do you need sir", she grumbled, her pink lips frowning.

"Uh, how about a kiss from you my dear lady, is that for sale", Tuck had said without thinking. Robin remembered smirking as the young girl punched him in the nose.

"Not a kiss but a punch is",  the girl had said as she dropped her hand.

" Now that wasn't nice, I demand an apology", Tuck had smirked through his bloody nose.

The girl smiled at Tuck as he covered his nose. " Meet me here at eight and you will get your apology", she smiled.

" Sounds great, it's a date", smirked Tuck and he walked away from the gapping girl. They did end up meeting up and they fell in love. Her name was Lilly Belle and she left her father to join the merry men. She died giving birth to Little Tom. Tuck had been devastated but he kept Lilly's promise to look after and keep Thomas safe.

Lilly's and Tuck's story reminded Robin of him and his love. He missed her so much and no woman could compare to her radiating beauty. He had a little fling with Marion but she was nothing compared to his Eliana. He sighed remembering his own meeting with her. It was nothing but chance that he met her but he continually thanked the fates for their meeting. He sighed, he would never had thought they could be together but they were lucky and they had Arena out of it.

He remembered Eliana's wide piercing  amber brown eyes with flecks of emerald green in them. Her creamy pale skin with her rosy red cheeks and her soft red lips that would always twitch into a half smile when she saw him. He knew that Eliana had enjoyed their secret love, everything from him climbing trees to see her to secret strolls under a moon lit path with beautiful flowers that bloomed only at night.