Chapter Seventeen // Cheat

I pushed Steve off of me, realizing that he was kissing me. I stood up, and ran out of the door.

I have to get to the hospital, I thought to myself.

I don't know why, but kissing Steve had set off a memory.

I remembered who kissed me at the party.

It was Angela.

-

I found Dally on the couch in the living room, drinking a soda. I new that he would help me.

"Dal!" I screamed. He looked at me weirdly.

"What is it?" he questioned. He was oblivious to what I realized.

"I need you to take me to the hospital," I rushed out. Dal raised his eyebrows.

"What's going on, Pony?" he asked. I shook my head.

"I'll explain in the car. We have to go," I stated.

I walked out of the house.

-

Dally and I sat in the car as he began to drive me to the hospital.

"Wanna tell me what this is about?" he questioned. I sighed.

"You know how I got really wasted the other night?" I asked. Dally sighed, but nodded his head. It was clear to me that he didn't want to remember that night at all.

"Go on," he said.

"I was making out with this girl, and I couldn't remember who did it, but I just did," I stated. Dally gave me a weird look.

"What does this have to do with Johnny? You guys aren't dating yet," he mumbled. His words stung, but they were true.

"The person who kissed me was Angela," I whispered. Dal swerved the car a bit.

"Are you fucking serious?" he asked. I nodded my head furiously. I wouldn't joke about something like this.

"Wait, how did you remember? You were completely wasted," he stated. I couldn't lie to him.

"Steve kissed me up in my room, and I guess it triggered my memory," I mumbled. Dally gasped.

"Steve? Steve Randle? He kissed you?" he questioned. I put my face in my hands.

"I know, I know. I can't believe it either, but it happened," I whispered.

Truthfully, I wasn't sure how I felt about the kiss. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the same as the kisses I felt with Johnny. With Johnny, I felt fireworks. With Steve, I just felt heat.

I sighed eternally.

Why did my life have to be a soap opera?

-

I swung open Johnny's hospital door, not caring if I was interrupting anything. What was happening was extremely important.

Angela was sitting on Johnny's bed when she saw me. She scowled.

"Get out, now," I yelled at her. She sunk under my anger, but left the room furiously. Clearly, I interrupted something. That didn't matter to me.

"Ponyboy? What the fuck?" asked Johnny. I ignored him, and sat on the chair next to the bed, and let out a sigh.

"We need to talk," I scowled. Johnny squinted at me.

"Clearly we do! I mean, you marched into my room like a monster! What the fuck-" he said. I cut him off.

"Angela kissed me a few nights ago when I was drunk," I stated. Johnny's face softened.

"I'm sorry, what?" he asked. I looked down.

"You heard me. Your girlfriend kissed me! She cheated on you!" I stated. Johnny scoffed.

"No way! She wouldn't do that!" he yelled. I laughed.

"Why do you think that?" I questioned. I would love to know why he was defending her.

"Because she said she loved me yesteryear!" he shrieked. I glanced down.

"Yeah? What about me? I told you that I loved you too!" I stated. Had he magically forgotten all that?

"Yeah, but do you know what the difference is?" he scowled. I glared at him.

"What?" I growled. I was getting madder and madder.

"I told her I loved her back!" he yelled. I gasped.

I stood up quickly, and walked to the door, slamming it as hard as I could behind me. If he wanted to believe that Angela was completely innocent, then that was fine. I wasn't going to save him. I was done and over it. I couldn't anymore.

-

I walked into the living room, and looked at Dally. He made eye contact with me. He could clearly see that I was fuming.

He stood up quickly, and rushed to my side.

"What happened?" he asked. I looked into his bright eyes.

"He didn't believe me when I told him about her kissing me, and he told me that he loved her!" I exclaimed. I could feel tears.

Dally sighed, and looked down. I could tell that he didn't want Johnny to be with Angela, either.

"Listen kid, I don;t like Angela either, but there's nothing we can do until he comes around and realizes everything himself," he stated. I shook my head.

"I don't think I can do it anymore," I whispered. Dally put his hand on my shoulder.

"Then take a break," he advised. I gave him a confused look.

"Just start going out with people for fun. If he can do it, you can too. You're not hurting anyone by going out on dates and experimenting," he stated. I stopped to think about it.

Dally was completely right.

I couldn't technically "cheat" on Johnny because he was never mine to begin with. I could have fun like he did, and mess around all I wanted.

"You're right, Dal," I told him. He smiled at me.

"Hey, why don't we go down to the Dingo and get some food? I'm starving," he stated. I nodded my head and grinned.

Dal could always fix a problem.

-

Dal and I were sitting in a booth, waiting for a waitress to take out order. We were listening to some music on the jukebox in the meantime.

"How can I take your order?" asked a waitress. She had pretty blond hair and striking blue eyes.

"How can I take you home?" flirted Dally. He gave me a wink.

"Nice try, Winston. Now, what can I get you?" he asked with a sly grin. I gasped.

"Dallas Winston getting rejected? I like this girl already!" I stated. She laughed, but Dally kicked me playfully under the table.

"Ouch!" I said giggling.

"We'll both take cheeseburgers and Cokes," stated Dal. The waitress nodded and walked away.

I began to double over in laughter.

"What's so funny?" asked Dally. I giggled.

"You're totally into her!" I exclaimed. He scoffed.

"Am not!" he shot back. I laughed even more when Dal's face turned red.

"Okay, maybe I am," he stated. I smiled.

Dallas Winston in love?

I couldn't wait to see how this went down.