Chapter Forty Seven // The Sheppard Interlude II

Johnny's POV

"..Yeah, it was pretty fun," stated Ponyboy. We were talking about how he used to go to the country all the time before his parents passed away.

"One day, we can go to the country," I suggested, with a smile. Pony smiled back.

"I would like that," he replied shyly.

I looked up at the clock in the room, and noticed the time. It was getting late, and I promised Darry to help with dinner tonight. I offered to pay the Curtis family some money since they were letting me stay with them so often, but he told me that helping with dinner and dishes would be enough.

Darry was generous, and I was thankful for that. I turned to face Ponyboy once again.

"Hey, baby, it's getting late and I promised to help Darry with dinner," I stated. I pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"Alright. I love you," he said. I smiled.

"I love you too."

I walked out of the room.

-

I was walking down the corridor, touching the wall. I couldn't wait till Pony got out of the hospital. I just wanted him to be back home, because that would mean everything would be back to normal. Everything else seemed to be back into place. Soda was alright, and Steve was fine. Two Bit was still messing around, and he wasn't sulking around, acting depressed. Dally was still being loud, and I was still shy and timid.

I pushed open the door to the hospital, and I felt the cool air hit my face. I began to walk, enjoying the weather.

Then, I felt something slam me up against the building.

"What the fu-" I started. I was immediately cut off.

I got a good look at the person who was pinning me against the wall. They had a deep scar on their face, and unbelievably greasy hair. They were also covered in leather and denim, and they reeked of boos and cigarettes.

It was Tim Sheppard.

"Hi, Johnny," he started. I gulped. The way he said my name made me want to change it. It was a sick tone of voice.

"Tim," I whispered. I felt a slap on my cheek.

"So, do you know what this is about?" he asked huskily. I tried to shake my head.

"No, sir," I mumbled. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest.

"Well, kid, my little sister told me that you broke her heart without an explanation," he growled. I felt like I was going to be sick.

He was talking about Angela.

"I'm sorry, man," I stated quietly. He shook his head.

"You broke her heart, kid. So now I'm gonna demand an explanation, and then break your face!" he exclaimed. I felt the knot in my stomach grow.

"It's not my fault!" I tried to yell. His grip tightened.

"What do you mean, kid?" he asked harshly. I debated on what I was going to say to him.

"I didn't love her, man! She wanted things from me that I couldn't give her!" I shrieked. I saw something strange in his eyes.

"Yeah? What things?" he growled. I shuddered thinking about them.

-

I was kissing with Angela on her bed, my hands running through her hair. I didn't really feel anything when I kissed her, but I knew that I had to endure the boredom.

One of her hands was on my chest, and her other hand was around my neck. She was gripping me close. So close, that I could smell her cheap perfume, cigarettes, and someone else's cologne.

I didn't say anything about the cologne.

I was taken out of my thoughts when I felt the hand on my chest traveling lower and lower, until she touched the seam of my jeans.

I immediately broke the kiss, and jumped away from her.

"C'mon, Johnny, baby," she whispered in a sultry voice. My ears were hot.

"No, Angela," I squeaked. She gave me a devilish smile.

"It'll be alright, baby. There's nothing to be scared of," she stated, biting her lip. She crawled closer to me, and put her hand back, trying to feel my bulge.

I felt absolutely no urge for her. I was completely flaccid.

"I don't want to!" I exclaimed, a little louder now. I felt absolutely nothing.

"You'll change your mind when you feel my mouth on your-" she started. I immediately cut her off.

"No!" I shrieked, shoving her away from me. I didn't want to do anything with her.

I quickly stood up, and looked down at her small form.

"Please, Johnny!" she shrieked. I shook my head.

I ran out of her bedroom, and slammed the door.

-

I looked Tim in the eyes, scared. I knew that I had to say something.

"I couldn't give her sex!" I screamed. He gave me a weird look.

"Why? You sayin' my sister is ugly or somethin'?" he asked. I shook my head.

"No! She's real pretty and all, but I smelt another guy's cologne on her, and she made out with my best friend!" I shrieked. I wasn't lying, but that definitely wasn't the reason why I broke it off with her. Not by a long shot.

"She really two timed you?" he asked. His tone of voice was softer now. I quickly nodded my head.

"Yeah, more than once!" I exclaimed.

Tim dropped me to the ground, but stood over me.

"Fine. If that's true, then I ain't gonna hurt you. But, if I find out you were lyin' to me, I'm gonna give you the beating of your life, and you'll have another scar next to the one you already got!" he growled.

I felt a quick kick in the ribs.

Tim walked off, and sped away in his car.

I was left on the cold, hard ground.

Everything went black.