Trying To Untangle

Camila's PoV

"So he just up and left? No argument?" Sofi asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "Austin didn't even want to put up a fight?"

I shrugged and shook my head, picking at my blanket as I leaned against my pillows. Sofi had gotten ready for bed when she got home and crawled into my bed with me, just keeping silent until I decided to talk first. "I guess he's hurting?"

"I thought he was sleeping with Kyla? Why would he act like he's hurting?" Sofi scratched her head in confusion and raised her eyebrow at my shrugging shoulders. "What? Has your mind changed about them sleeping together?"

"No," I let out a small laugh, "they were or are fooling around, I can tell whenever Kyla's around us. Austin's just better at hiding it."

Sofi sighed heavily. "I'm sorry sis," she looked over at me, "I know how hard it must've been. I'm proud of you, for not bringing Kyla or Lauren into it."

"Believe me, I had to bite my tongue hard," I nodded and slid down further into the blankets, "I know this isn't the ending of it though. Austin just needs time to process what just happened and he'll be back to either yell or grovel."

"I vote yell," Sofi snorted, "that way you can just body check him and be over with it." She laughed as I elbowed her lightly. "What, I'm just saying! If he grovels, ick."

I snickered and shook my head. Sofi had a way of making me feel better even when I knew I shouldn't be smiling. Did I really shatter his heart to pieces or was he just trying to make me hurt by making me feeling bad? I was almost positive he wasn't faithful with me either. I never had sex with him since the first week Lauren arrived. Why would he honestly wait for me to 'come around' when he had other choices?

I was thoroughly confused as to why he decided to stay with me. I would've dumped his ass if the situation was reversed. No, I wasn't saying it was all about the sex. I had managed to disconnect myself from him in more ways then one. When was the last time him and I really sat down and talked? He was the greatest friend. A best friend to say the least. It made me wonder if we could ever be friends after all of what happened.

"I should let you get some rest," Sofi whispered and moved out of the bed and turning off the lamp, "try and get some sleep please? You've got practice and I'd hate to have your coach reconsider you if you're tired and can't concentrate."

"I'll sleep," I smiled and buried myself in my blankets, "Sofi?" She turned around and looked at me, "thank you."

"For what?" She whispered.

"Just," I sighed because I knew the words I wanted to say wouldn't come out how I wanted them too, "for everything."

Sofi just smiled and nodded her head before making her way out of my room. "Night Mila," she whispered and closed the door.

- - - -

Lauren's PoV

I tapped my pencil on my desk and sighed heavily. I wasn't getting the math lesson and scowled. I wasn't dumb, I just couldn't concentrate. When I got home the night before, it was just after 11:30pm and Austin wasn't even home. My Aunt Greta said he needed to leave and clear his mind. Clearly she didn't know that Camila broke up with him because she told me that she figured he went to her house.

The clock ticked loudly and it taunted me by its slowness. "Jesus," I muttered and rubbed my head, trying to clear my mind.

"You okay?" Trixie leaned towards me, concern in her green eyes.

I shrugged. "I'm just tired."

Trixie smiled softly and inched her desk closer to mine. "Want help? I'm so bored right now with this 'catch up' day the teacher is pulling. I'm done all of my homework."

I laughed quietly and nodded. "Sure, I just need to get past this equation."

"Oh that's easy," Trixie smiled and quickly broke down the steps for me to understand it. After about ten minutes, I was caught up in my work and was left bored like Trixie.

"Thanks." I nodded towards her and she just shrugged with a grin, turning back to her work.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Kyla's head down on the desk, staring out the window blankly. Usually she was bubbly and wanted to chat. I didn't mind the girl at first, she was truly genuine. Lately, she had turned into a different person and it bothered me because I knew Camila missed her best friend.

The bell finally rang and it was lunch time. I was excited because I'd get to see Camila. Things weren't different with us, but then again, I only seen her for two hours after she broke up with Austin and for the first hour, she didn't say much. I couldn't blame the girl.

I threw my unwanted books in my locker and made my way down to the cafeteria where I knew she'd be saving me a seat at our table. Sammy and Sofi were already there when I arrived. "Hey my beauties," I smiled and slid in next to Camila, who gave me a melting smile. "How was your class this morning?"

"I had a pop quiz," Sofi rolled her eyes, "I failed it, no doubt."

"You're smarter than you think Sofi," Sammy smiled and squeezed her hand, "I'm sure you passed it."

"Yea, you always say you failed a test when you usually get the top grade in class." Camila smirked at her sister, popping a baby carrot in her mouth.

"Well I just like to be prepared for the time I do end up failing a grade. You know how pissed mom would be?" Sofi's eyes widened in horror, "I'd never play music again!"

"You such an exaggerator," Camila laughed and threw food across the table at her sister, "if you fail a test, one test, she's not going to crucify you. Now, if you failed a grade or dropped out, I couldn't help you there."

I enjoyed watching the playful banter between the two Cabello sisters. Sammy and I shared a smile and continued to eat our lunch in quiet while listening to the girls carry on. The cafeteria door opened and in walked Kyla, holding her bag to her chest, looking around the crowded room. I swallowed as she zeroed in on us and was about to turn around to head back out.

"Kyla!" I wiped my head around and noticed Camila gathering up her food quickly to chase the brunette. "I need to talk to her." She said quickly before scooting out of her place at the table. She scratched behind her ear and smiled at me. "See you in Lit, kay?" She mouthed before taking off to catch up with Kyla.

Sofi simply shrugged her shoulder and picked a pickle out of Sammy's lunch. "We're going to see a local band play at the Back House, tonight," she waggled her pickle in front of me as she pointed, "you're coming."

I snorted. "Is that a command, oh baby C?"

Sofi nodded and grinned, crunching on her pickle. "Hell ya."

"You Cabellos are so demanding," I sighed dramatically and yelped when she kicked me on the shin, "ow!"

"Be nice," Sammy teased and smiled at me, "she's just telling the truth."

Sofi raised an eyebrow at her girlfriend. She waved a finger in the dark brunette's face, "you watch it, remember who you kiss at the end of the night."

I laughed and so did Sammy.

"See?" Sammy whispered, "demanding."

Sofi huffed playfully and bit her lip looking at Sammy. Clearly she wanted to kiss her but had to settle for the Carlin charming smile.

"Well, I'm going to leave you two lovebirds alone," I gathered my garbage up, "if Camila comes back, tell her I'll be in the music room."

Sofi's eyes went wide and clapped. "We're so joining you!"

Sammy chuckled and gathered her own stuff while the three of us made our way downstairs to the music room.