Not In Love Yet It Hurts Just The Same

Camila's PoV

The bell rang before Kyla and I could finish our conversation. I was dumbfounded to be honest with you. She mentioned the father was definitely Austin because she hadn't been with anyone else within the past five months.

Austin wasn't aware yet, either. I was the first person she told.

I think my silence scared her and she took off right after the bell rang. I couldn't help myself. I needed time to process it all. I wasn't sure what to feel.

Classes after lunch went by like nothing. Sitting in Lit across from Lauren was comforting. I swore I wouldn't say a word about Kyla's condition because it wasn't for me to spread. I hated keeping that from Lauren but as a best friend, I needed to respect Kyla as well.

"Sofi and Sammy are going to Back House tonight, are you in?" Lauren asked me as she leaned against my locker. School was over and students were rushing around to gather their stuff. "Or do you need to rest?"

"Depends," I leaned closer to her, looking her up and down, "will you be joining me?" I winked.

"Camz," she laughed and shook her head, "if I'm in that bed with you, we both know resting would be the last thing on your mind."

"Mmm," I purred and Lauren shivered pleasantly, "but resting would still be on my mind technically, afterwards at least." I giggled and dug in my pockets for my car keys. "I have practice in 30 minutes. I guess we'll see how I feel afterwards."

Lauren nodded and chewed on her bottom lip. "How'd it go with Kyla?"

I shut my locker and shrugged. "Alright."

She nodded and adjusted her back pack. "Will you call me later? I should go home. I haven't seen-" she shut herself up and sighed heavily. "Are you okay? I mean, with everything?"

"Lo," I smiled softly, "I'd kiss you right now," I whispered in her ear, "just to show you how okay I am with everything. I told you I don't regret it, and I mean it, okay?"

Lauren nodded firmly and gave me a hug. She always felt so good in my arms. "Call me." She whispered and pulled back, winked and walked away.

I shook my head and chuckled to myself. I had begun thinking back to when I got myself into this situation. Oh right, seventeenth birthday and Austin's cousin.

"I thought I'd catch you here still!" I heard a male voice behind me and rolled my eyes at Mendes.

"Shouldn't you be at the arena tying yours skates? Knowing you, it'd take that long." I sighed and blew hair out of my eyes. Mendes just stood there grinning like a fool at me. "What do you want?"

He shoved a piece of paper in my hands and smiled. "I'm officially in Cabello. Looks like you're stuck with me."

"Mendes, I'm not helping you." I shoved the paper back in his hands. The stupid paper that suggested I tutor him. "I don't have time."

"Whatever," he laughed and stepped in front of me, "just look at my schedule. I also have two teams to play for, you're not the only one. Since I am starting late into the semester, Ms. Pulson suggested you help catch up on Lit seeing as you're all brains and shit."

"No." I walked past him and he stepped back in my path. "You've got 3 seconds to move before I fucking drop kick you to the ground."

Mendes laughed and it amused me because the laugh was a nervous one yet he wanted to try my patience. "Drop kick me huh? Notice every threat you've given me has to do with you touching me in some way?"