A Home Within A Choice

Lauren's PoV

"Damn your girl is fast on that ice." Normani laughed as she sat beside me by the concession.

Didn't I know it.

"And hot." I murmured, sipping on my third hot chocolate of the day.

"Should I be wise and not answer that?" Normani asked, chuckling as I smirked at her. "Nah, Camila loves the game and she shows it. I've come to the conclusion that I rather enjoy playing with her than against her."

I smiled and nodded, watching Normani's profile as she looked down at the rink where the zamboni was polishing the ice for another game later on in the day. "Hey Normani," her grey eyes met mine, chewing on her bottom lip while she fiddled with her jersey, "I'm sorry for everything."

"Don't worry about it," she shrugged it off, "I get where you're coming from. Trust me." She stood up as Camila made our way towards us. "Treat her good though Jauregui or else I make no promises."

"Did you see her?" Camila asked, adjusting her bag over her shoulder. " Sofi, was she here?"

I sighed heavily and shook my head. "I'm sorry Camz."

Camila rolled her eyes and scratched her forehead. "Whatever." She grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "Are you going home or are you coming with us to Johnny's?"

"Wherever you're going." I smiled honestly.

"Um," Normani waved her cell phone between us, "Isa just text me to let me know they're on their way here."

Camila snorted. "A little too late," she tugged me slightly and shared a genuine smile with me, "come on Normani, you riding with us?"

Normani looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "If that's okay with Lauren?"

I smiled. "Come on, just walk ahead of us, I don't want you checking out her ass."

Camila swatted me but laughed. "Just go."

It felt good to actually laugh and smile within the company of Normani. I bet it made Camila feel really good.

* * *

Sofi's PoV

I was the worst fucking sister in the world. After running into the arena, I ran into Trixie and Madison and they told me the game was over but Rebels won against Hornets 16 – 9.

I slammed my fists down against the railings in the building and sighed heavily. While I was having mind blowing sex, my sister was playing her final game and I promised her I'd be there.

She gave Lauren a hard time for that, for promising to go to her first game with the Rebels and then not showing up. I wanted to hurt Lauren bad for doing that and there I was, doing the exact same thing.

"Well hey there stranger." Someone said behind me and I turned around to find myself staring back at someone I never ever thought I'd see again. Her eyes looked me up and down before she let out a soft smile. "It's nice to see you again."

"Trace." I smiled just as softly back, taking in her curly hair and freckled skin. "Heard you got your ass kicked again."

"Oh really? You didn't stick around to see it?" She teased and placed her bag down, leaning against the rail and looked at me.

"Actually," I played with my fingers before catching her gaze again, "I missed it."

Tracey nodded and smiled. "Shit happens, Sofi."

"I guess." I shrugged and bent over to pick up her bag, laughing as she tried to protest but I was having none of it. "I carry Camila's all the time."

We walked down the stairs together and I found Isa waiting for me on her motorcycle. "Hey babe," she stood up and placed her sunglasses on top of her head. "This isn't your sister."

I smiled and Tracey laughed softly. "Um, no, this is a friend, Tracey," I adjusted her bag, "Trace, this is-"

"Isa," the tall brunette piped up and smirked, taking in the hockey player's hand, "Sofi's friend as well."

My head whipped around at her and I frowned. I just spent hours in her bed and I was reduced to a friend?

"Pleasure to meet you, Tracey." Isa pulled her sunglasses back over her eyes as she grabbed her black helmet. "I'm going to go find Normani, will you be okay with her?"

Tracey looked at me and shrugged.

"Can you excuse us?" I asked Tracey before pulling Isa on her black leather jacket.

"What the hell Sofi?" She frowned but her look softened at the confused look on my face. "What's wrong?"

"I thought last night and this morning kind of proved that we were more than friends?" I whispered.

"We are," Isa smiled and traced my eyebrows with her fingertips, "but you've got the golden opportunity to use your charm and from where I'm standing, she really wants it."

"Isa," I sighed and rubbed my forehead, "I don't work that way."

My chest constricted at the thought of her being with others while with me but she tilted my head to look up at her. I couldn't see her eyes but I knew she was staring at me. "Neither do I, okay? Look, I don't do this jealousy thing well and if you've got the chance, go for it." She shrugged and kissed me lightly. "I'm gonna go, you stay and call me if you need a ride home," she pressed her lips to my ear, "I know how much you love my 'Jesse' rumbling loudly between your legs."

'Jesse' was her motorcycle and yes I did.

"Nice to meet you again, Tracey," she winked before putting her helmet on and kick started her motorcycle. She revved it a few times before spinning out of the lot, her hair flying behind her from under her helmet.

"Wow," Tracey released her breath and laughed a little, "she seems pleasant."

"She is." I managed to shrug and picked up her bag again. "So where are we off too?"

Tracey pointed to a Jeep Cherokee and smiled. "I figured I'd drive here this time instead of taking the bus." She explained and I threw her gear in the back. "How have you been, Sofi?"

I smiled at the sincerity of her voice, "really good, thanks," I replied and hopped in the passenger side, looking down at 'April Raintree' sitting in the seat. "How many times have you read this book?"

"A lot." Tracey grinned and started up her vehicle. "But I brought that for you. All my side notes are in that and I was hoping I'd see you again," she paused and we exchanged soft looks, "I'm glad I got to see you again."

Trouble.

It certainly made a home inside me.

Because that's exactly what I was in.

Trouble.